Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Cupcake: Clean and Simple FTL 94

Another great CAS sketch! I don't often use glitter or sparkles so it was fun to incorporate some into today's cupcake! I started with this fun patterned paper by My Mind's Eye--perfect for a summer birthday card. Then I added a little trim with an EK Success punch. The cupcake image is from Basic Grey. It comes with the liner stamp and several tops plus additional elements like the cherry, sprinkles, a leaf topper and a strawberry. Great $6 purchase! Colors were added to the liner with Copics with a dose of Stampendous glitter (pink) for the top. Then I used Glossy Accents on the cherry. I only recently purchased this product and can see lots of future uses.

Additional Supplies:
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Hawaiian Shores (PTI)
Sentiment: Up, Up and Away (PTI)
Corner Punches: 2 sizes
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versamagic Turquoise Gem

Hope you enjoy!
Smiles,
Sharron


10 comments:

Anika said...

Very fun card - that patterned paper is fantastic! Love the glittery cupcake too!

Rhonda said...

I like it!! CAS seem so appropriate for the summer months.

peggysue said...

That is one fabulous cupcake! Love the color choices and I think its too hot to make anything other than CAS.

Nerina said...

I *LOVE* the way you've incorporated the DP colours into your cupcake - and those sparkles are totally delcious! The contrast between the white and DP is so striking and eye-catching! Gorgeous card Sharron!! :0)!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a happy and cute card this is! I'm casing it for a B-day person in the family. Love the bright PP and how can you go wrong with a cupcake?! It looks so yummy.

Terri said...

Very cute! Love PP you used too!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

j'aime cette mise en page originale et ce cupcake mmmhh on en mangerait, ta carte est si pétillante, bravo Sharron

Diane Jaquay said...

I love this Sharron, that cupcake looks good enough to eat lol!! Thanks for the kind comment you left on my blog :)

Lori said...

Fun card Sharron!! I haven't seen this dp before, perfect with the yummy cupcake!! :)

Heather P. said...

This is just TOO CUTE! :)