Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Birthday Card & Two Challenges

Hubby is taking the oldest grandson to Minnesota for an intergenerational Elder Hostel. Since this is his birthday present too I made this card to mail with some material about the trip. They will be going to the International Wolf Center--really sounds like fun! A friend of ours has taken her grandchildren on several of these and has always raved about what great experiences they have had. Have any of you attended any?

I only used one stamp on the card. I stamped the word 'explore' with a wood stamp that I received as a gift. Everything else was cut and glue! The top map is of the place they are going and was printed from the computer. Don't you just love the little license plate. I had gone to the LSS to find some paper and when I was checking out, they were on a display by the checkout counter!

The sketch is from this week's 2 Sketches 4 You Challenge--love those! And I thought this would also work great for the last Papertrey Peeps Challenge, #9 posted by Linda. The theme is travel and vacation!

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream; Bazzill (Blue & Silver)
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Sunset Motel; SEI En Route highways and byways
License Plate: Karen Foster Design
Die: Spellbinders Labels 1

Thanks for visiting! I am still going to post those daylily pictures soon!!
Sharron

8 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Great card!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

cnelson said...

such a fun card!! LOVE it!!!

Terri said...

Very cool! I love the little license plate too! Hope they have fun on their trip.

Nerina said...

This is A-DOR-A-BLE!! That licence plate is the last word for this card! I really like the way you incoporated the Google Map - such fun! This card is perfect for the occasion - and I hope that the memories of the trip will be treasured for a lifetime!

Linda said...

Great card Sharron! Love the license plate and the map. Your thumbnail didn't show up on the linky thing. I'm sorry I don't know why or how to fix it. It might be worth a delete and retry. Would love for more people to see your creation.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is Excellent! Love the sketch, the map and the road signs. That little license plate is perfect for this! So cute! I hope everyone has a great time on their venture!

Sylvia said...

Wonderful card!

Cammie said...

What a great card for your grandson! This vacation sounds like a great trip for him and your husband.