Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Few Cards, Two Challenges

I've been working on a few cards the last couple of days. The first was an entry to the February Altenew challenge with a theme of "gold and glitter. I started working on a card with flowers using frames and different shades of gold when I tried a design with this very cool origami elephant. I love this origami set! I thought this would work for the CAS-ology challenge too, with the cue word of Monochrome.




Supplies
Stamps: Ori Kami, Sohcahtoa (Altenew); Very Vintage Labels 1 (WMS)
Cardstock/Patterned Paper: White (Recollections); Gold (LSS): Sugar Chic (Heidi Swapp)
Dies: Labels One (Spellbinders); Sunshine Layers (WPlus9)
Additional: Gold Embossing Powder (Ranger); Copics; Onyx Black Ink (Versafine)


My next card was for this week's Merry Monday challenge. Oops--I missed the deadline though! This Santa wasn't new on this week's cards but the images on this My Favorite Things set have become a favorite of mine. He's not vintage but goes great with the photo showing a visit from Santa!



Supplies
Stamps: Jingle All the Way (My Favorite Things)
Cardstock/Patterned Paper: White-Recollections; Christmas Time (Paper Pizazz)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inker)
Additional: Ribbon from my stash; Copics, Onyx Black Ink (Versafine); Wink of Stella Clear

Hope you're staying warm if it's cold where you are. It's snowing here today!

Thanks for visiting,
Sharron

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

I love the exotic feel of your elephant card - the swirls and scallops really achieve that! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Kara said...

Great cards! Wonderful coloring!!!

Gillian R said...

Wonderful cards, love the elegance of your elephant card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Marybeth said...

Oh that first one is so elegant with the gold! Your second card is adorable! What a sweet sentiment!

Joyce said...

These are both fantastic cards, Sharron. I never thought to use that Orikami stamp with gold or silver, but it is a brilliant idea. Completely different look. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Lindsey said...

Sharron, your first card is stunning with all it's gold! I've never seen that stamp look so elegant. And your second card is cute as could be! I just love the sentiment.

Kim Heggins said...

These are just so sweet. Love that adorable Santa!

Rubeena I. said...

Love the first card!!