Friday, February 28, 2014

The 12 Kits of Occasion: February "Snowblind"

PHOTO BY KARA
Isn't the photo of this month's kit gorgeous? Look at all those fabulous supplies sent by Renee, It's a Patchwork Life. Renee is this month's hostess! And since I love snowmen and snowflakes, I was a very happy camper when the kit arrived in the mail. She included a LOT of snowflakes and supplies for several different snow people plus all kinds of other goodies. I had such fun with her kit. Thank you so much, Renee!!

Also, once again we have a Guest Designer. Renee held a contest to select one person to win a kit just like the one all of us received. A big welcome to Judy from Judy's Card Corner. Be sure to visit her blog to see what she created and leave her a little love. We're thrilled to have her with us this month. 

Links to all the other 12 Kits members' blogs can be found HERE on the 12 Kits of Occasions blog. A list of kit supplies is also available there.



Can you see the embossing paste snowflakes in the card below? Actually I used modeling paste cause that's all I had but it works great. They give more fun texture to the glitter paper that Renee sent. And aren't those snow people adorable--love these die cuts!


Another snowman!


And one more!!


I'm sure you'll love all the wonderful snow projects you'll find on your hop around to all the other blogs! Thanks so much for letting us share.

Have a great day,
Sharron

15 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron...love them all! Your last card is my favorite, love the vintage feel to that stamped image and your coloring is so perfect. Your first card is so festive with your cute little snowman all decked in shades of green with the snow falling in the background...so fun. I love them all Sharron...just fabulous!

Judy1223 said...

Sharron, you worked some amazing snow goodness with your cards this month! WOW! I love the embossing paste snow, such a great addition to your amazing scenes! Your two snowpeople on your "bring on the snow" card are quite adorable together, and I love the snowman tag card, too! It's been a pleasure guest designing this month with all of you lovely, talented ladies! Thanks for being so kind and welcoming!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Wow Sharron! Lots of pretties here. I really love the sparkle and embossing on the first, and the snow couple on the second (too cute!) My fave has to FROSTY The mix of colors and pattern is so pretty and warm (how can a snowman be warm? - dont ask me - you did it!). And you colored the kids playing beautifully!

Kara said...

love the adorable little snowmen and your use of modeling paste!! Just awesome!

Joyce said...

These are all so fabulous. I think I love the one with the tags the most, but not by much. I am enlightened by your double snow people card as to what some of the little die cuts were in my package! Of course they are arms--I thought they were little trees, and could not figure out what to do with them. (lame, right)

Marybeth said...

Love everything you made here Sharron. The sweet couple melts my heart :) I love tag card and you sure made a cute one love the paper on that one.
Wonderful inspiration here today!
Hope you have a great weekend.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron these are all delightful! I LOVE your double ringed snowman, we must have been channeling there. Mr and Mrs snowman is so cute. My favorite card in the two tags--need to get those dies, fabulous! As always gorgeous creations.

Kelly Griglione said...

Adorable cards, Sharron! The layered snowman tag with its colors combined with the card colors is particularly engaging. You had fun with this kit it seems!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow Sharron...so many fabulous cards...so different from mine which always is fun to see...do I love that Snowman's Soul card...YES! The coloring on that one is so good...I wouldn't even attempt it! I also really love the Frosty card with the red/green twine...cute tag! You outdid yourself this month, but I guess I say that every month!

The Paper Parade said...

Sharron... I love the snowman tag card!! How neat that you layered the patterned tag behind the snowman tag. And then the his and here's snowmen? Adorable!!!

Renee said...

Oh, Sharron they're all fabulously gorgeous...
but I gotta say I'm dying over the snowman tag card...
I gotta get those dies!! :)
But it's perfect...
they all are...
and so much fun! :)
I'm so happy you enjoyed my mish mash kit...
and even happier that you could make something from it! :)

Darnell said...

Sharron, don't tell the other girls, but you really ROCKED this one! I fell in love with those snowflake sequints on the first card and then about passed out when I saw the little snow couple in their appropriate-colored scarves and then WHAT?, how cute is that Frosty tag card, to be completely dazzled by the vintage image and a sediment that is new to me and so impossibly sweet!! I'm out of breath! I guess that's what they mean by "breathtaking!" Hugs, Darnell

Kelly S. said...

Oh Sharron!!! These are all so fabulous! In Renee's words, I am dying over the double snowman card and that sweet MFT snowman on the layered tag!! Just love your coloring and the striped twine, and how you paired him with the word patterned paper! The little snow couple is perfect with the glittering paper and the textured dots. The coloring on your Lil Inkers scene is adorable TOO! So fabulous one and all!

Diane Jaquay said...

Hello Sharron! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of these cards you've made! I have a soft spot in my heart for snowmen, and each of your cards shines with snowy PERSONALITY! I love how you used the modeling paste to make the snow; I've played around with modeling paste a bit and it's so much fun! I'm very inspired by your beautiful work :)

Diane said...

Sharron, you have some super fun card designs.

Hugs Diane