Monday, March 31, 2014

The 12 Kits of Occasions: March, featuring Spring & Easter


I feel awful that I haven't posted one thing since the last 12 Kits post. So I'm especially happy to replace my snowman cards with cards that reflect Spring. I'm sure there are many people who have had all the snow they can stand for one year!

This month our hostess is Kelly, from Gingham Girl, and she sent us this fabulous kit! (See photo below) It was chock full of bunnies and birds, a wonderful variety of flowers, Easter eggs and lots of embellishments. Way too much to list everything but one of my very favorites was the paper! It was swoon-worthy! I was tempted to hoard everything but was good and cut into some of the awesome patterns for my cards below!! You can find a list of all the supplies at The 12 Kits of Occasions blog. Be sure to click on the link to also find pictures submitted by all our members plus a special guest that Kelly invited. Karen from Crrafty Mama's Kitchen is this month's guest designer. Be sure to visit her blog to see the great ways she has used Kelly's kit. Links to all the other 12 Kits members can be found on the 12 Kits blog also.

A big thank you to Kelly for a fantastic kit and treating us to so many fantastic supplies. Loved it, Kelly! And a shout out also to Kara for taking the great photo below.

PHOTO BY KARA

Kelly also included one of my favorite ever Waltzingmouse images--the cute bunny on my first card. Since I have the Lil' Buddies set, I stamped another bunny on the polka dot paper and was able to do a little paper piecing.

I'm also entering this card in the Fusion Card Challenge. I thought the sketch was a great design for using the large egg die cut.










Wish you could see this Easter card IRL. The eggs and butterfly were brushed with clear Wink of Stella and the heart is all shiny with Glossy Accents. Some things just aren't very photogenic!

Hope you enjoy the hop! Thank you so much for stopping by,
Sharron

15 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Each and every one of these is beautifully made, Sharron! I'm so happy to be enjoying a sunny Spring day today here in PA, rather than the mess that has been this past Winter! Your cards definitely add to that feeling of "Spring in the air"! Thanks :)

Jeanne J. said...

Im stuck on the card with the fence and the branch. I love that soft background you created and the perfect little scene. This just screams SPRING and I keep finding something new.

Kelly S. said...

I am LOVING everyone's different scenes! AMAZING job on yours with the branch angled over the fence!!!! It's so awesome that it needed a lot of exclamations :)!! I think I am going to have a blast making more little Easter scene cards this month. Look at us with our matching L'il Bunny in the big egg ;)!! Really, was there anyplace else he could go? Except yours is dotted making it especially cute! Beautiful tulips and oh those shiny eggs...I can see that they are glazed and can imagine they're shimmering in the sunlight :)! What a wonderful card collection, Sharron!!

Marybeth said...

Hey Sharron! Oh how I am loving all the cards you made. The branch and picked fence card is just adorable very nice layout and design. Your cards for sure shout out spring! I hope you are enjoying warm weather soon. Love all of these!

Sherrie M. said...

Great set of cards Sharron! You definitely rocked Spring!

Renee said...

I thought of you the moment I saw THE most adorable bunny ever created :)...
I always think of you with him and you made him even more adorable with that paper piecing!
Love all of these gorgeous creations...
they just make me happy and since we had a gorgeous spring day...
they have just been icing on the cake! :)

Julia Aston said...

Wow, Sharron - Kelly's kit looks like da bomb! What wonderful cards you created with it!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow...look at all you have done here Sharron! I had to take notes just to remember everything. Love that bunny with bird/branch and flower card...such a cute little Spring scene. I also really like your take on the Fusion sketch...great idea to put that little bunny inside the great big egg!

Darnell said...

Sharron, you really went a long way to making up for not posting for so long with this outstanding array of beautiful cards from the spring kit!! I adore them all!! (But I do wish you would post more often!) Hugs, Darnell

Kara said...

so adorable Sharron!!

Joyce said...

Such a great bunch of cards. You did so many fantastic things with this kit. I love how you used a tilted element in your first card, and those long stemmed tulips on that bold die cut look fantastic.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron what a gorgeous collection of cards. I am so sorry to be so late commenting--I have lost a whole week! Love how you worked the branch and the fence in together--fantastic. Love the long stem tulips and the greeting inside the cloud!

Michelle said...

Wow, what a wonderful collection of cards! All beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

The Paper Parade said...

Sharron, I just love that adorable bunny on the first card... how sweet that you cut him out with the patterned paper! And then the striped card? Love it! What a great idea to have different patterns behind different stripes, and then the flowers on top :)

nightingalehoop said...

Nice cards collection are available in this blog.

Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews