Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The 12 Kits of Occasions: April Showers & Spring Flowers


Time for another 12 Kits of Occasions post! And this month you can enjoy gorgeous bright colors and lots of wonderful flowers. Our hostess is Jeanne from A Kept Life. Jeanne has the most amazing style, really styles would be more appropriate, as she does fabulous designs that could be with many layers and embellishments or totally CAS! Either way, they are awesome! And she loves bright colors and flowers, so she is the perfect gal for hostess this month. And to top it all off, she is a very sweet friend.

Wait until you see all the fantastic supplies she included in this month's kit. I don't know what I was more excited about--the beautiful papers, the fabulous colors, the huge supply of die cuts (most new to me) or the plentiful embellishments. Jeanne finds the coolest ribbons & sparkly beauties! The photo below shows just a few. And our thanks to Kara who once again made the great photo collage. Besides sending this wonderful kit to all of us, Jeanne selected two guest designers, Nancy Penir, Artful Notions, and Erin Theim, Homemade Cards by Erin. Welcome to both of you!

PHOTO BY KARA
Below are my four cards. I'm so anxious to see what everyone else has created because I have LOTS of supplies left!!! Thanks again, Jeanne. I LOVED your kit!








A supply list is available here on The 12 Kits blog. My cards were made with supplies in the kit but I did use a Lil' Inker 'hello' stamp and some Lil' Inker dies (ovals, rectangles, tags).

You can find links for our guest designers and all the 12 Kits participants on the 12 Kits blog. Don't miss the very important note at the bottom of the post!! If you would like to be a guest designer next month, Joyce has provided a place to leave comments so you might become a lucky winner!!

Enjoy the hop,
Sharron

13 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh what fun, love how you incorporated the ribbon into your projects.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful work here Sharron! Love the tea card with the doily tablecloth. Beautiful the way you used the umbrella ,I saved that one. This was such a fun kit!

Jeanne J. said...

OH Sharron I knew you'd be amazing today - you'd have to since I know you love flowers as much as I do!! Love that big bloom with the layers of ribbon - that navy blue background makes the color just jump off the page! The tags and turquoise bow on the second is stunning. Love that big Hello with the rose. The doily on the teapot is brilliant and the last should have been our theme card of the month you need to link that one up at Paper Sweeties!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron I love your cards, you always have such sweet surprises for me. You use of the ribbon is so inspiring, I must play with it more. The umbrella paired with the Lily of the Valley is lovely! Yes it is a fabulous kit and now I have lots left for CASEing what everyone else has done!

Cathy Weber said...

If I didn't know better, I would hae thought that Jeanne herself made that first card...you nailed her style with all the layers and flowers perfectly! Wasn't this the best month? My favorite was the umbrella card...GREAT idea to use it over the Lily of the Valley...great job with Jeanne's kit this month!

Nancy Penir said...

Sharron, looks like you enjoyed playing with all the goodies as much as I did! It is so much fun to see how you put those gorgeous dies on display! The teapot and cup on the doily? Brilliant! Love how you reversed the background colors. And don't you love having so much left over?

Kara said...

pretty pretty pretty!!! love your cards this month!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Ooooh, I was so happy to see some Sharron cards in my reader!! Love all of these, love the delicate die cuts and all the lovely flowers; beautiful work!

Lindsey said...

Sharron, these are stunning! I especially love the first...just something about the dies and trims you combined that I just love. You did such a fabulous job with this kit!

Joyce said...

Such a wonderful collection of cards here. You did a fabulous job with this kit--wasn't it a blast?

Darnell said...

I love what you did with the spectacular kit, Sharron! These are all so bright and beautiful! I especially love that teapot card! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all so pretty!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my Sharron... that first flower card is gorgeous!! I just love the detail and how it is such a beautiful focal point! And then the second? Just as stunning. Flowers are your forte :)