Sunday, June 30, 2013

The 12 Kits of Holidays: June


Is it HOT where you are? Maybe a dose of Winter will help! Our 12 Kits group is focusing on Christmas/Winter this month and our wonderful hostess is Jeanne, A Kept Life. Our little group has been going strong for 18 months now! We started out making Christmas/Holiday cards each month so we could try to spread our holiday projects throughout the year but have alternated our schedule this year with cards for other occasions. But for this month, it's Christmas!!


Jeanne makes the most beautiful cards--created with awesome papers and the most amazing embellishments. She's super with CAS too though!! Below is a peek at all the supplies we got in the mail at the first of the month. Doesn't this just make you drool!! Thank you so much, Jeanne! The kit was wonderful and so easy to work with--loved how quickly things just came together and I have lots of goodies left!!

PHOTO BY KARA
This month we also have a very special guest designer! Cathy, Empty Nest Crafter, was in our group all last year but had some job conflicts. We've missed you, Cathy! But it's wonderful to have you back for this month. Can't wait to see what you've made!!

So, on with the hop! There's lots to see so be sure to visit all the blogs listed below. 

For my first card, think SNOW!! I used Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangles to give a more homespun feel. Loved the sweet little girl (which I colored with Copics)--and the lace!


This one is done in neutrals using fabulous WPlus9 stamped images and that cool paper that were included in the kit.


More WPlus9 goodies! I did use one WMS stamp from Santa's Coming to Town that wasn't included
I wanted something for the corner and thought it fit!!






Thanks so much for coming by and letting us share our creations! Hope everyone has a safe and comfortable weekend!

Sharron

A list of supplies can be found on Jeanne's blog. If you have any questions about anything on my cards, just let me know.


14 comments:

Kara said...

A beautiful set of cards this month!! From elegant to whimsical!!Love your coloring and layering of elements!

Renee said...

Hot...
yeah...
but humid?
Most definitely!
I walk outside and suddenly look like a poodle on steroids! :(
And what gorgeous cards...
I agree with Kara...
fun, whimsical...
you've got it all covered!
And your coloring is amazing as always...
she is absolutely adorable!
Love everything you did here with this gorgeous kit! :)

Joyce said...

What a fabulous bunch of cards you made. Every one is just fabulous. I am trying to see if I can pick out a favorite, and sorry--I just can't. I really love your second card--so elegant with it's neutral color scheme, that little girl is colored so perfectly--wonderful shading, and you matched the absolute perfect sentiment with that girl and the Christmas tree. How did I not think of that one?

Jeanne J. said...

Sharron you made such wonderful cards. I love how you broke up the bold patterned paper that can be difficult! Your little girl is so sweet - looks like she is in a winter wonderland with the snowmen behind her, the black die cut behind the carolers make their silhouettes just pop, the collage look of the Santa card is wonderful! I love them all!

Jill Norwood said...

Sharron your cards are all lovely! So many fun elements on each one! Love the little girl image - so very sweet!

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron, all of your cards are fabulous!!! Your coloring of that sweet little girl pulling the sled is adorable. You are so clever to use the sheet music paper with those carolers, love it!

The Paper Parade said...

Sharron, every card has such beautiful layering! I just love the Santa Claus one and the caroler one the best, they are both so striking! Perfect colors and layering...you are a master :)

Cathy Weber said...

Oh Sharron, your comments were so sweet. I have missed this group so much! Your cards are truly inspirational...love the coloring of the sweet little girl, and I especially like the Santa and his Christmas list with the brown paper bag. So, so cute!

Marybeth said...

Hi Sharron! Love everything you have made here. Your little girl card is just adorable ,love the way her scarf and tights match. Our list cards are very similar, love the papers you paired yours with. Your silhouette card is beautiful as well , with the black and creams. The striped paper looks beautiful on the little shining star card. As always gorgeous cards,easy to do with this wonderful kit from Jeanne.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron I am so behind on commenting. Your cards are all just stunning. You always amaze me with your colouring,I love that you used the Good Tidings sentiment inside the red frame it looks fabulous! Some great ideas I can still CASE!

Darnell said...

You're not kidding those are fabulous papers! You did a remarkable job with the goodies, Sharron! As I'm scrolling down, I'm paying close attention, saying to myself "this is my fave," and then, "this is my fave," and then, "this is my fave," and then, well, the point is, they are ALL my faves!!

Christina said...

Every one of these is wonderful, Sharron! You used so many of the little elements that Jeanne included, and it all works together so perfectly. Love you coloring on the little girl and the way you layered the "Christmas list" with the paper bag. My favorite is the one with the busy background paper and the clean border with the layered label--gorgeous!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow! Sharron, the cards you made with the silhouettes are my favorites!!! LOVE the Santa with the Christmas list.....SOO sweet!! I feel a CASE coming on!!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh my word, your coloring is STUNNING on that little sledding girl, Sharron! It looks like an illustration or a cut out from a store greeting card, hee! Love the whimsical papers you paired with her. The silhouette carolers are gorgeous with all of those serene neutral papers in the background. Your Santa collage is too sweet! Such amazing cards with Jeanne's kit!!