Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mojo Monday Sketch: Happy 300!


Congrats to Verve's Mojo Monday 300th Challenge! Wow, definitely a reason to celebrate! There is quite a party going on and if you haven't already, please sure to check out everything HERE. There are some awesome prizes too! So as luck would have it, my WMS order came today!! And I couldn't wait to use the feathers. I am soooooo in LOVE with these new stamps! So here is my first try with the feathers.


The top one I stamped with Potter's Clay. The second was first stamped in blue, then overstamped in brown. And for the last one I used grey with some black on the feather tips. All were fussy cut.

I don't usually use so many layers so I struggled a little but it was fun! The patterned base is from a Bo Bunny Country Garden pad. The scalloped circle was stamped with a wreath from Rustic Branches which I colored with Copics. The little tag is a Milk & Cookies die stamped with sentiment and bird from Teeny Trees.

Hubby came up as I had everything out and asked me if I had enough stamps--lol!! Just shows how you need a variety from lots of companies to find the perfect thing you need!!

Thanks for taking a peek!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Fine Feathers, Teeny Trees (WMS); Rustic Branches (PTI)
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Spring Rain, Fine Linen, Vintage Cream (PTI), Textured Gold (Unk)
Patterned Paper: Country Garden (Bo Bunny)
Dies: Labels 1 (Spellbinders); Half & Half, Limitless Layers 1 1/4" (PTI); Milk & Cookies (WPlus9)
Ink: Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black, Potter's Clay (Memento); Slate (Amuse); Aegean Blue (VersaMagic); Onyx Black (Versafine); Copics
Embossing Folder: Leafy Branch (Cuttlebug)

7 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful!! love your feathers!! {insert funny turkey story here} Lol!!

Joyce said...

Lucky you to have already received your WMS---and used it too. This card is just beautiful, and now you are making me think I should have gotten this set, also. Great combination of muted colors.

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron, I can see from your card you have your new WMS...how exciting! Fabulous card too, your feathers are amazing!

Renee said...

Kara cracks me up! :)
Should I retell the turkey story here? *giggle*
What a gorgeous take on this sketch...
and how gorgeous are those feathers?
They look so lifelike...
love the colors you choose to work with...
such perfect "feather" colors! :)
Happy 4th...
hope it was a wonderful day full of family and fun! :)
We've had rain...
all day. :(

Marybeth said...

Hi Sharron! Hope you had a nice 4th of July!
Love your card!,and the feathers...I got mine on Wednesday too but have not had a chance to use them. I love the layering on your card is beautiful . Lol yes we have enough stamps ...but we keep buying.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful layered feathers Sharron! love that cute tag with the little bird too! That psalm verse is just lovely with the feathers too!

Jill Norwood said...

So very beautiful! I love your feathers and that beautiful sentiment! Such a lovely card!