Friday, June 21, 2013

Monday Mood Board #14--Lazy Days of Summer

At last I'm back and functioning somewhat normally!! Not sure what I had but hubby ended up with the same symptoms---sore throat and coughing and extreme body aches! Anyway, it seems better and I was actually able to get a card done!

My apologies to all my blogging friends. I tried to visit blogs when I could but missed a lot of you!! 

Below is Dawn's latest inspiration photo for the current Monday Mood Board Challenge. I couldn't decide whether to use my new floral set or Milk and Cookies!


Our warm weather inspired me to go with the milk bottle and lemonade! LOVE this set!! The Oreos are the strawberry creme version. Do you love to see when products come out with different flavors and seasonal designs! Hubby laughs at me when I check to see what new flavors and colors are featured. I'm also the one to buy the Christmas crackers--like snowflake Ritz!! He says it doesn't make any difference since they taste the same but I'm sure they're better! Just like folded potato chips--anyone else like those?

I have the dies to match this set but decided to cut these out since I wanted to do a lot of stacking. The sentiment is from a Technique Tuesday set. It was fun playing with my Copics to try to get certain colors!


Hope, hope, hope to stay in the swing of things from now on! 

Thanks for visiting! 
Have a wonderful weekend,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Milk and Cookies (WPlus9); Summer (Technique Tuesday)
Cardstock: White, Ballet Slippers (WPlus9)
Patterned Paper: Little Miss Collection (Bo Bunny)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inker)
Inks: Papaya (Amuse); Bamboo Leaves, Dandelion, London Fog, New Sprout, Rich Cocoa (Memento); Pink Grapefruit (VersaMagic Chalk); Copics

11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron this is fantastic, the little scene you created is so much fun and the stitched mat is perfect. Love it!

Marybeth said...

Hi Sharron , glad you are both feeling a bit better! I kept checking to see if you had a new post, guess I missed yesterday. We had something a few weeks ago too it was worse for my hubby.
This card is adorable love the bottle of lemonade and the strawberry Oreos! The cut strawberries and lemons to the side are a great touch! Very sweet card, pun intended!
Stay well my friend!

Cathy Weber said...

I absolutely love this card Sharron...just goes to show how crafty you are when you can come up with such a great card when you are not feeling 100%! I love that milk and cookie set...so cute filled with lemonade for a hot summers day. Glad you are on the mend!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is just so cute--I love the Summer, the lemonade, the strawberries, the cookies, everything!

Chris L.

Kim Heggins said...

This is just so stinkin' sweet! What an adorable little scene with those yummy looking cookies and that fresh fruit, just too cute!

Nilu A said...

So sweet and fantastic card.. Good that ur feeling better now.. I'm a new blogger... Do visit my blog.. http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/

Kara said...

this is really awesome!! I love it!

Joyce said...

What a sweet little scene you have created. I love all the seasonal colors and flavors of my favorite packaged products. I am totally a sucker for stuff like that.

Renee said...

Sharron this is fabulous...
love that lemonade and cookies...
strawberry...
yum!
And OMGosh...
was at the grocery earlier and looked at the Oreo's to see what special flavors they had...
and always buy the shape Ritz because they DO taste better...
and you freaked me when you mentioned the folded chips...
I ALWAYS go for the folded ones! :)
I knew we were friends for a reason! :)

Diane said...

What a Yummy card design.

regards diane

Darnell said...

I hope you can stay in the swing of things, too, Sharron, and that your stay healthy! Your card is spectacular, fun, bright, and precisely executed!!