Monday, March 18, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #94: Chipboard

Click on banner to link to CAS-ual Fridays Challenge blog and many more samples of what to do with chipboard.
This week's challenge is to use chipboard. As I didn't have any in my stash, I went the cupboard route and cut a section out of an almost empty cereal box! The umbrella is a die from Memory Box and I cut five pieces from the box, followed by two pieces from patterned paper (a textured brown and the matching paper with glittery polka dots). Gluing these together makes a wonderfully sturdy chipboard element. One nice thing about this particular die is that it is scored so you can fold back the sides to make the umbrella more three dimensional. This doesn't work so well with regular weight paper but works great with the heavier chipboard. I glued just the bottom part of the handle and the sides when putting it on the card.


I finally got a chance to play with my new Watercolor Wonder set too! This is going to be a really great set!! And lastly I just needed to find a sentiment and decided on this one from Scattered Showers.

Be sure to visit the CAS-ual Fridays store blog too. They are having peeks of their new release. Today are lots of fun new sentiments--so ah-mazing--you won't want to miss it!!!

Wishing you sunshine,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Scattered Showers, Watercolor Wonder (PTI)
Cardstock: SS White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Hey Birdie (KaiserCraft)
Ink: Cantaloupe, Dandelion, New Sprout, Rose Bud (Memento)
Die: Petite Umbrella (Memory Box)
Additional: Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success)

11 comments:

Kara said...

adorable..love the watercolor strokes! love that the box was *almost* empty...lol!!

Joyce said...

This is a super fun card. I love your chipboard umbrella, and you made a super focal point with those watercolor streaks.

Darnell said...

Flippin' triple wowzers in the trousers, Sharron! (Oh, dear, not sure if that's appropriate.) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Very COOL card! Love the way you used that stamp! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jeanne J. said...

This is so fun Sharron - I love the "Splash" of color - makes me want to watch Singin in the Rain!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron you chipboard umbrella is fantastic and I LOVE the new watercolour stamps. Beautiful.

Jingle said...

This is so totally cute! Love the bright colors! Thanks so much for joining us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Chipboard challenge!

Kelly Griglione said...

oooh, love this, and the watercolor swish on the background. Great point about being able to score when you have thinner layers! Thanks so much for joining the CASual Friday's Challenge this week!

Deepti said...

Lovely card, especially the background, it is soooo attractive :) beautiful

Joyce said...

Saw your shout out on this card. Congrats!

Nancy said...

This is such a pretty card, love how you used the PTI Watercolor stamps to achieve the look. Very cute umbrella die as well.