Thursday, February 28, 2013

The 12 Kits of Holidays: February


It's that time again! And this month we're using our kit to get ready for a Country Christmas, hosted by the wonderfully talented Renee, It's a Patchwork Life!


Renee filled our kits with SO many fabulous goodies--gorgeous papers, die cuts, fun Waltzingmouse stamped images, ribbons and a wonderful assortment of embellishments. Gosh, I used such a small amount which means I will have plenty to play with after seeing what the other members of our group have created! If you don't know about the 12 Kits, we started last year making cards and projects for Christmas and have altered our schedule this year to include some other holidays. HERE is a link to my original post.
PHOTO BY KARA
I LOVE plaid so I used every inch of the sheet in the kit!! The fun sentiment was cut out with the PTI Tag Sale #3 die.


For this card, I used an Lifestyle embossing folder from a set called Zig Zag!


Isn't this star wonderful! It's from a set by Waltzingmouse called Yonder Star. Those little die cut border
pieces are cut with Spellbinders Classic Edger Two die. 


And this is my 'just for fun' card! I used the pieces left from the die cut whimsical tree to decorate the top. Some peridot glitter by Martha Stewart helped the tree stand out a bit more. And here is my last sliver of plaid!!


Enjoy the hop! I always love seeing what everyone made with the kit. And thanks for stopping here to let me share my creations. We'll have another party on the last day of March--perhaps a different holiday. You'll have to come back to find out which one!!

See you then,
Sharron



Below is the list of supplies included in Renee's kit:

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Yonder Star, Yonder Star Background, Woodenheart Alphabet
Patterned Paper: Echo Park This and That Christmas
Cardstock: My Favorite Things: Gumdrop Green,
                  PTI: Rustic White, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy
Ink:   Memento Bamboo Leaves, SU Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Dies: Memory Box: Winterland Tree, Deer Trio
         PTI: Alpha Blocks, Parisian Doily
         WPlus9: Stacking Stars,
         Waltzingmouse Yonder Star cut files
         Lil’ Inkers Mini Bow
Misc: MFT: Gumdrop Green, Wild Cherry, Hot Fudge buttons
          MFT: Gumdrop Green ribbon
          Recollections (Michael’s): gumdrops, pearls
          The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby): gemstones
          Michael’s: mailing twine, red burlap, gingham and snowflake ribbon
          The Twinery: red and brown twine

11 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Sharron - AGAIN!! Wow! I think you rocked the kit - so many unique and original ideas - the tag with the star behind it and the bitty bow - love how you have the pattern of stars along the plaid, The embossing and stripes on angle - so modern and eye catching, That white border peeking out on the Peace, and the last one - amazing - the glittery tree and the little swirls incorporated into the design. You really outdid yourself AGAIN!

Marybeth said...

Great cards Sharron! I had to smile when I saw that you used the inside bits of the tree, I saved mine for the very same reason. Just never ended up doing that! Love how you used them on your beautiful tree card. Love the peace one and the way you made it into more of a hanging banner. Love all the plaid and your bow! Oh, loved the glitter tree!

Renee said...

Sharron they're all so fabulous!!! :)
And isn't that plaid to die for?
It's what sold me on these papers...
and you used it brilliantly!! :)
Love that first card...
and the embossing on the 2nd...
it's perfect!!
And the glittery tree...
they're all just so wonderfully creative...
I love them all! :)

Kara said...

Awesome cards! I love the zig zag embossing folder you used! The bracket brder on the PEACE card is a nice touch! Love the fun swirls on your last card too!

Joyce said...

Oh, wow. Where to start. So much goodness on this post, and lots of --why didn't I think of that--I love how you turned that big sentiment into a tag on your first card, and the bow is perfect for the top of that tag, Love the stars and diagonal stripes of your second card, and now I need that embossing folder, love how you turned 'peace' into a banner, anchored by those green buttons, and that border punch going down the middle is super, and love the abstract pattern you created on the last card--I knew there was something I should have been doing with those little pieces.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharon I don't know where to start, you card are all so gorgeous and so unique! I LOVE that you used Tag Sale #3 for that sentiment, if fit perfect and i so loved that plaid too. The funky zig zag embossing is awesome with you stars and stripes. I also love how you glittered the tree, looks fabulous! So much CASing to do.

Kim Heggins said...

Ok, you got the award for use of die inards. Not sure if I am saying it right, I know on stamps it is called the "dam" but not sure on dies. Your tree is so beautiful with all the glitter, so stinking cute! Sharron, all of your cards are fabulous but your first one is my favorite. That sentiment pairs so nicely with that plaid paper, so beautiful with that adorable bow.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your cards are Beautiful! And fun! I love the detailed glitter you added to the die-cut swirled tree. So pretty! You certainly looked like you had fun making all of these.

Christina said...

Wow, what a fantastic set of cards, Sharron! I think the first is my favorite. I love the way the quote looks on the tag with the mini plaid bow on top. Your second card is such a fun and unique design, too. And what a great idea to use the insides of the die cut tree!

The Paper Parade said...

The peace card....I am in love...its gorgeous!!! Such a beauty! My second favorite would be the stripes with the stars...how fun, and it could almost be a non Christmas card, too. What a great job this month Sharron :)

Amy Kolling said...

Ok, I have no words for what you did with this kit Sharron! I love how you die cut the quote on that tag die.....the impressed dots go with this theme so well! I think I may just have to invest in the embossing folder you used on the second card.....it's totally up my alley!!! All of our snow is finally gone....now our yard is a muddy mess!