Sunday, February 24, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays #91: Hi Ho Silver

Click on banner to link to CAS-ual Fridays blog
This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to use a design with a bit of silver. So I used another Memory Box die cut over some silver glitter paper for the rain and stamped one of the clouds from Up, Up and Away with Versamark, then embossed with silver embossing powder.


The sentiment was computer generated. For a dose of color, I chose some Bitty Dot paper in Summer Sunrise. The umbrella was cut from the same glitter paper and then the piece of the colored paper was glued on top.

Thanks so much for taking a peek!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Up, Up and Away (PTI); Sentiment was computer generated
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Stamper's Select White (PTI
Dies: Petite Umbrella, A Little Rain (Memory Box)
Additional: Silver Glitter Paper (Paper Source), Bitty Dots Patterned Paper (PTI), Silver Embossing Powder (Ranger)

12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron the silver clouds and rain and brilliant! Fabulous card.

Christina said...

You were so right to use that sunny yellow for the umbrella--it adds just the right dose of cheer! Love the silver clouds and raindrops, too!

Joyce said...

Love your take on the challenge. Your silver rain is just perfect, and the pop of yellow on the umbrella brightens up the entire card.

Cammie said...

What a great idea to use silver clouds and rain drops! And the yellow umbrella is a wonderful pop of color.

Inkyfingers said...

What a great card Sharron. I love the glittery raindrops and your sentiment is just right!

Suzanne said...

Sharron, that is a brilliant die! I love the silver clouds too!

Kim Heggins said...

This is an amazing card...I love that rain cloud and the shiny rain, so adorable. What a sweet yellow umbrella too, makes me smile.

Yiming said...

So adorable! Love the shiny rain drops!

Darnell said...

I love every single tiny thing about this fantastic card, Sharron! Just look at that umbrella handle!!

Jeanne J. said...

Oooh I just got these dies - you are giving me lots of ideas. Love your clever sentiment - who needs a stinkin stamp? The font is so cool it caught my eye immediately. Love the glitter and the silvery clouds!

wienerhoneymooners said...

FAB card, just love the color choices!

Marybeth said...

How did I miss this one ! What a creative card Sharron , I love this! I love the way you did the rain drops this is adorable and gorgeous!