There's a new challenge over at WPlus9! Each week Dawn will post a Monday Mood Board photo for inspiration. Click here to find out more about the rules and prizes. I missed last week's first challenge plus the Cloud 9 WPlus9 challenge so it was wonderful to be able to try this one out.
![]() |
| Monday Mood Board: Coral, Navy & Kraft |
I love color challenges but these were the closest colors I had for coral and navy. And my lace substitute for a lacy look is my new Trellis Die. This morning after I received an email with this week's PTI's Design Team Tip, I knew the perfect flowers to use too. I was anxious to try out Maile's coloring technique. Love the way it looks on these Mother's Day Bouquet roses! Since I didn't have anything close to coral ink, I used Potter's Clay ink on Melon Berry cardstock. Then I tried the same technique on the leaves and, for a more subdued look, I stamped green on kraft.
Ever have those times when you have plenty of time to be crafty and can't seem to create anything you like? That's been me this week! Even looking through blogs didn't help. So I spent the last couple of days watching our wonderful 14 inches of snow fall. LOVE it!!! Our bird feeders were overcrowded and the pond busy with, believe it or not, birds taking baths! Today is sunny and absolutely gorgeous-- but unfortunately with fewer birds!! And the neighbors are building a snow fort across from our house on the golf course--such fun!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Mother's Day Bouquet, Pretty Patches: Apple (WPlus9)
Cardstock: Oatmeal (WPlus9); Enchanted Evening, Melon Berry, Kraft (PTI)
Die: Trellis (Memory Box)
Additional: Pearls (Recollections); Memento Inks (Potter's Clay, Bamboo Leaves); White Embossing Powder (Ranger); Corner Rounder Punch (Stampin' Up

8 comments:
This is so pretty Sharron, I love your CAS approach to the mood board. Great colours.
I have never tried to craft from a mood board, but you are inspiring me to give it a go. I love your end product. Lots of snow sounds so pretty and romantic.
This is perfectly gorgeous, Sharron!!
Love that trellis with the blooms...
it's perfect!!
And I heard about your snow...
WOW!!
But we have buttercups blooming...
trees starting to bud...
I don't want to see another snowflake till December!! :)
Just stay safe!
gorgeous! love the lattice over that strong blue!!
Sounds like a winter wonderland Sharron. I am glad to hear you are just enjoying it!
Your card is a stunning ,show stopper! Love the trellis die for the lace part of your card. Simply beautiful!
Still working on some shelves for my craft room. We have lots of sun and wind. No sleep last night as some gust were about 60mph just way to loud.
That technique *is* perfect for Mother's Day Bouquet! I love how you incorporated the "lace" too. It doesn't have to be literal and a trellis is an open design, just like lace. Thanks for playing!
It looks like the blooms are climbing a beautiful lattice in a garden against a perfect blue sky. And I love the pearls! This is just so lovely, Sharron.
How did I miss this? That white trellis on the blue background is stunning and your flowers are so pretty! I hope you are keeping warm. All our snow is turning to icky slushy stuff!
Post a Comment