I am doing a CAS-ology challenge for the first time today! I visit their blog often and love all the CAS designs. Another thing I appreciate is that descriptions of features that make a great CAS design are included. So you get all these wonderful tips as well as seeing lots of fabulous inspiration cards!
Today was a perfect day for the challenge as I just received my latest WPlus9 order. Love all my new Christmas-themed toys! You might think I would make a Christmas card but I thought this die was a great choice for what is actually more of a Spring card. The new leaf seems just right to illustrate hope.
I first embossed the leafy branch for a background. The leaf was cut with a Spellbinders die using some patterned paper. And the sentiment from PTI's Pretty Peonies set seemed to fit perfectly.
Thanks for letting me share. I can definitely see more CAS-ology challenges in my future!
Hope you are having a Happy Wednesday,
Sharron
Stamps: Pretty Peonies (PTI)
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Hey Birdie (KaiserCraft)
Dies: Sentimental Sentiments (WPlus9); Spellbinders Fall Foliage
Additional: Leafy Branch Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug); Bamboos Leaves Ink (Memento)

15 comments:
So cute!! Love that little leaf!
Oh, this is just so gorgeous. Very serene. Love it.
That background embossing is lovely. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!
This is beautiful Sharron! Beautiful die and embossing. I agree about the tips .
I just love how you made the center of the "o" a leaf!! That looks great :) And the embossing folder was the perfect accent, too!
Beautifully crafted!
Gorgeous card Sharon :)
Beautiful!!
Love the way you used that little leaf...
I would have never thought of that!
And the embossing...
perfect! :)
beautifully done! love how you combined the die cut word with the lovely embossed background! so glad you decided to play along with CASology this week!! hope to see you playing along in the future!
How great to see you in the thumbnail card inspiration at CASology this week! Your card is so striking and so well-executed. I love the whole design idea of the new leaf representing hope. What a winner ~ stunning and pinned and thank you!!
Sharron, this is truly beautiful! I adore the dry embossing in the background and how "hope" just pops! So sweet how you used the leaf in the center of the o.
I love how the "hope" pops off that gorgeous embossed background! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
Sharron, this is beautiful and serene! I love that single embossed branch and that little leaf at the center of the die cut word is wonderful! What a fabulous CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CASology! I hope we get to see you again! :)
LOVE, LOVE , LOVE this card ~ absolutely beautiful!
Beautiful, encouraging card! I'm so glad you played along with CASology this week and I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!
Post a Comment