Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Blog Party: October

This month the Waltzingmouse Blog Party has a color theme. The main colors are purple, orange and black with our choice of neutrals. Or course, they work great for Halloween and I had a chance to use one of my favorite ever Halloween images--Cicely at Halloween. I've been trying to focus on more simple designs so I cut a circle out of some patterned paper and stamped Cicely. My main emphasis was the paper piecing! I did color her face, the stockings and her gloves with Copics but everything else is cut from paper. I love this technique but must admit it is a bit time consuming! Not sure if it shows up well but I used Spica pens in clear and peach to add glitter to the hat buckle and the wand tip.
There is always a huge variety of entries so you will want to be on your way to see everyone else's blog. Click HERE to join the party! 

Have fun!!!!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Cicely at Halloween (WMS)
Cardstock: Orange Zest, Plum Pudding, True Black (PTI); Oatmeal (WPlus9)
Patterned Paper: All Hallow's Eve (Carta Bella)
Dies: Spellbinders Circles
Additional: Copics; Spica Pens (Clear, Peach); Rhinestone (Queen and Co.)

23 comments:

maria f. said...

Great "spotlight" on Cicely! That is such a great image, isn't it?

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron your colouring is fabulous, love the patterned paper background!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Cicely is so stylin' Sharron!! Love how her scarf matches your dp!! Clever and so beautiufl!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so fun. Love the circle that holds this little trick-or-treater and your bling at the end of her wand is such a great touch.

Julia Aston said...

Cicely looks so pretty in her dotted scarf and background! great framing with the white circle - like a really big full moon!

Lee said...

You did a great job with the paper piecing. I love the bling on her wand.

Joyce said...

Very fun paper piecing. I love how her scarf matches the background. I love to paper piece--but only when I am in the mood.

Kara said...

beautiful coloring!

Cathy Weber said...

You did such a good job with the paper piecing, I thought for sure it was colored! Love all the little sparkly elements too.

Jeanne J. said...

Sharron - a paper piecing masterpiece! SO much work but WOW what a gorgeous card! That scarf is amazing and I love the gem!

Renee said...

Sharron this is fabulous!!!
I LOVE the paper piecing...
and your coloring is perfect!!
And you know how much I love Cicely...
and she is absolutely gorgeous! :)

Marybeth said...

Sharron you mean maybe I could make this? Paper piecing beauty of art! I love this card, wowl! Amazing and I say winner!!!!! I do like the clean look of this.

Deborah Frings said...

I love the polka dot scarf and the sweet gem in Cicely's wand! Great card.

Kim Heggins said...

This is a work of art...your paper piecing is just so perfect as well as your coloring. Love the bling at the end of her wand too, so festive.

Charmaine Stack said...

So sweet. I like how the scarf echoes the background.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

I love everything about this creation, Cicely is fabulous

Ali x

Claire said...

So gorgeous how you've coloured this in and I love the way her scarf matches the background

Kelly S. said...

ACK, this is adorable, Sharron! LOVE her krafty dot scarf to match the background and her little hat extending out past the "moon". The coloring is outstanding on this! Such a great layout that lets Cicely steal the show...as she always should :) Awesome use of the color scheme!

Sarah said...

I love Cicely's spotty scarf and the magic bling at the end of her wand!!

Unknown said...

OMGosh that is one tidy piece of paper piecing Sharron!! expertly done, a superb entry!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Anonymous said...

Expertly executed! Love the clean look..spotlight on Cicely. Perfect!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Your piecing is delish!! Super job!!

Melissa said...

So lovely! Love how you paper pieced her!