Saturday, September 29, 2012

The 12 Kits of Christmas: September


It's that time again--time for the 12 Kits reveal! It's amazing that we are on our ninth month and have amassed so many wonderful cards! If you don't know the history of our little group, click HERE to find out some details. This month's hostess is Kara, KandRDesigns. I always love visiting Kara's blog where I can find so much inspiration. Love her style! This month she included supplies for a 3-dimensional project as well as all the goodies shown in the photo below. Thanks, Kara, for a fantastic kit!

Here is the Holiday Planner I made. What a wonderful idea that Kara included this with our supplies! It is from a template by Nichole Heady at PTI. It makes a great notebook that can be used for so many things. In the past I have used it for a daylily club program when we made notebooks to keep garden records and I helped a friend make notebook favors for her school reunion. 
I fell in love with this paper from My Mind's Eye. For my next two cards I cut the angled design apart so I could use it on two separate cards. By using the die out words I could just add a few details to complete my CAS designs.
For this next one I stamped some snowflakes on the plain cardstock at the top. The large snowflake is from Santa's Coming to Town (WMS). I embossed it, fussy cut it and added rhinestones from Kara's kit for accents.
This next card began with a piece of patterned paper. I made a mat for the die cut image and added some thickers I had in my stash to the felt banners for another quick to create card. I love when I can work with patterned paper to create a basis for a design.
Well, that's it for me this month. Unfortunately I didn't get a CASE card made! But there is still lots more to see. Be sure to visit all the blogs shown below. Seeing what everyone has made is one of the best parts of participating! I'm always amazed how different our projects are even though we all start with the same supplies!

Enjoy the hop! Looking forward to seeing you again next month when Jessica will be our hostess!

Sharron

Supplies in Kit (one's used on my projects are highlighted)
Stamps: Banner Builders, Take Note (PTI); All is Bright (My Mind's Eye)
Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Dies: Mat Stack #3, Frames #10, Wonderful Words-Holiday, Limitless Layers Circles, Banner Builders, Hexagon Cover Plate (PTI)
Ribbon: Pure Poppy Saddle Stitch (PTI)
Additional: Decorative Brads, Faceted Rhinestones (My Mind's Eye); Buttons (PTI); Fine Linen Felt (PTI); Vintage Cream Notepads (PTI); Circle Dome Stickers, Doily, Clothespin, Twine (My Mind's Eye)

Added from my stash of supplies
Stamps: Santa's Coming to Town, Sewing Box-Christmas (WMS); Peace Be Still (PTI)
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Misc: Thickers (American Crafts); White Embossing Powder; Holly Dies (PTI); Sentiment Strips Dies (MFT); Cozy Christmas Mix (Hobby Lobby); Printed Ribbon; Corner Rounder (EK Success)

15 comments:

Marybeth said...

Sharron I love your cards. At first I thought … hey I didn't get that pretty snowflake paper… then I read you stamped it. Beautiful! I love the polka dot paper too. Your planner turned out beautiful. That was fun to make. Amazing job with your last card, you even used the doily ( I messed mine up) As always, gorgeous neat and clean cards !

Tracey McNeely said...

Your planner is gorgeous and your three cards are beautiful, the banner on your thirds card is perfect spelling out joy!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Fabulous holiday cards! I really like the contemporary look of the two with the stripes.

The Paper Parade said...

Sharron, each card I looked at I liked better and better! I think my favorite though has to be the merry, I just love how you went along with the direction of the chevrons, I am totally going to see if I have enough supplies left to CASE that for next month! I also love the bright letters of "joy" you used in the banners :)

Kara said...

Love your cards!! Your little planner is perfect. I love how you put the die cut words on the diagonal...perfect!! Love that little JOY banner too!! Thanks so much for the great kit photo this month!!

Renee said...

Sharron these are fabulous!!
Love them all...
especially the "merry" on a slant with the chevrons!!
And your planner is perfect...
easily transported! :)
You did such an amazing job...
I want a do over now!! :)

Cathy Weber said...

Before I forget...that doily in the corner of the last card is genius! You made some great, actually super great cards Sharron. I love your little planner and the green O Christmas Tree ribbon, that little bird on the Mat Stack layer was my favorite image for the month and I have pinned both of your chevron paper cards...will be CASEing those in some manner down the road. Thanks for the inspiration.

Crafty Math Chick said...

Lovely projects! Your papillion pups are adorable too!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh my goodness! Genius I say! LOVE those chevron cards and how you made you kit go further by cutting it apart!!! Now for that last card.....STUNNER!!! Such a great layout especially with the doily accent in the corner!! I'm in love! Thanks for te kit photo this month!!

Joyce said...

Wow, Sharon, Your cards and your planner are really amazing. What a great idea to cut that chevron paper like that. It is such a striking look, and is also a great way to stretch your paper. I need to look to see if I have any more, because I want to try that myself. I love how you had that snowflake paper, and your use of the die cut words is just so amazing. Glad I have so much left--you are in my sights for next month's casing.

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron, all of your cards are just so stunning and I love what you did with the words, putting them at an angle, just so clever. Your first card is my favorite, that little touch of holly with your sentiment.

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron! Beautiful cards! I love how you put the words on an angle with the chevrons - really shows them off and makes them stand out - brilliant idea (another why didn't I do that moment!!) Your cards are all so clean and professional looking yet have jus tthe right amount of pretty extras, from the gems to that doily with the print...how did you do that? I Love these!

Christina said...

Sharron, your projects this month are fabulous! I especially love those bold chevrons and how you put the holiday words at an angle. Your birdie card is gorgeous--love the kraft and aqua combo and the gem on the party hat. Your planner is darling, too!

Suzanne said...

AWESOME cards, Sharron! I love them all but the second one...with the trimmed chevron paper and the angled diecut - WOW!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Such a wonderful post! Love all the cards and I especially love the felt banner! I need to try this!!! Such lovely texture!