 |
| SUMMER PARTY |
Suzanne posted this lovely summer party photo for the inspiration for this month's blog hop. I couldn't help but focus on all the chairs in the picture so I chose to use a rocking chair to bring to mind a relaxing day sitting on a country porch. I think it would be so wonderful to have one of those fabulous wrap around porches! The chair and pillow are from PTI sets but the rest are WPlus9 supplies I got in a recent order. I chose a few colors from the photo--green from the grass and touches of gold and red from the table decorations.
I fussy cut the barrel and sunflowers but have ordered the dies--so much easier! This is some patterned paper from Farmhouse, a new company that started this summer. The sunflower labeling is actually part of the paper pattern. And the bow and accents really are red but show up more orange in the photo.
 |
| CLICK ON PICTURE FOR LARGER IMAGE |
HERE is the link to the Cloud 9 blog. The design team has posted some wonderful samples for you plus be sure to check out all the other entries. There are
three prizes this month--2 gift certificates and a chance to be selected as next month's guest designer!! And there is still plenty of time to submit an entry!
Enjoy your day and thanks for dropping by,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Happy Harvest, Country Charm (WPlus9); On My Couch, Chairished (PTI)
Cardstock: Oatmeal (WPlus9), Pure Poppy (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Sugar Hill (Farmhouse Paper)
Dies: Pinking Squares (WPlus9)
Inks: Rhubarb Stalk, Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves (Memento); Papaya (Amuse)
Additional: Rhinestones (Queen and Co.), Ribbon (Ellen Hutson)
9 comments:
Sharron your card is so lovely! I like the chair theme and the border along the top of the card and the pretty sunflowers. That patterened paper is absolutely perfect!
Such a sweet card, Sharron! Great idea to focus on the chairs. This was a beautiful inspirational picture from Suzanne. Your idea of a big porch sounds perfect! love the had cut barrel, and sunflowers.
I was wishing I had a chair for this...
and look what you did!!
It's fabulous!!
Love the papers (perfect;))...
the colors...
that bow...
just love it!! :)
What a great card, Sharron! The combination of the barrel of sunflowers and the chairs creates such a relaxing porch scene! I love it, and I'm so glad you could join us for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!
I love your take on the summer party. I want to attend! Those flowers in the barrel are just so cute. And, now I want those pinked square dies.
Such a cool birthday card with a great almost rustic/retro feel.
Sharron, this is so rustic and has such a country feel to it. I wish I had one of those houses with a wrap around porch to sit on one of these rocking chairs! Adorable card!
I love the rustic feel to the card, Sharron. Great work. Thanks for playing along with us @ Cloud9:)
Hi Sharron!!! Those Farmhouse papers are perfect for this! I love your card - the rustic country feel is perfectly drawn from the photo, and your stamping is gorgeous. I am so happy your joined us this month at Cloud9- thank you!
Post a Comment