Thursday, July 12, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #105

I had no internet access part of yesterday and this morning! Luckily it got fixed in time for me to post my card for this week's WMSC! We have another wonderful sketch from Teresa Kline. Love how easy it is to work with! I adore this paper from Graphic 45 and it goes so well with French Country! The base polka dot paper is from the Fashionista Collection and the others are from the Domestic Goddess Collection. For the teapot, which is from PTI, I stamped off once to create a more muted tone and stamped the smallest rooster on top. The sentiment is from the Frame-It set with a wee flower from French Country. Had to use the wonderful border stamp too so used that for the horizontal strip.
This will be wonderful to send to one of my tea drinking friends! I am pretty much a coffee addict myself!

Hope you're having a fabby week!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: French Country, Frame-It (WMS); Tea for Two (PTI)
Cardstock: Fine Linen (PTI); Unk Color of Red (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 (Fashionista Collection and Domestic Goddess Collection)
Additional: Scalloped Circles Dies (Spellbinders); Tea for Two Die (PTI); Memento Ink

12 comments:

Marybeth said...

Sharron ! I love that you put the rooster on the teapot.....great idea! I like the papers too and your right they go great with French Country. Love that sentiment ... too cute. Glad you got internet back.... What would we do without it :)

Renee said...

Sharron I have to agree with Marybeth...
I LOVE that rooster on the teapot!!:)
I have one!
And I'm not a tea drinker either...
but coffee pours out of them pretty good too!*giggle*
But love these papers...
the colors...
all the gorgeous stamping...
such a fabulous take on the sketch!!
And don't you feel so lost without internet?
Mine has been up and down, up and down all week...
rain...
and I just HATE when it's down...
I'm lost!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron! This is just a beautiful card. I think you captured "French Country" perfectly. I love the color combo and the red gingham. The rooster on the teapot is so clever - another why didn't I think of that moments!! You won me over - I adore tea!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness, another place for Mr. Rooster, just so clever. This is one amazing card..just so beautiful and so french. Your paper choices perfect for the teapot and rooster, just so creative.

The Paper Parade said...

No internet access?? Oh wow...that could be bad ;) I'm so glad that it got fixed for you so you are up and running with your fabulous creations again! Okay, so putting the chicken on the tea pot was the perfect choice...I love it! And then it looks like its on a tea bag. Loving the mixture of all the patterns and the muted colors...totally French country!

Edna Morrisedie said...

What a fab country feel this has, great use of colour nd the sketch... and nice job with the stamps.... thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the folk art feel to your card - the backing papers are just lovely! I really like the cockerel on the teapot!

Vickie Z said...

Love the rooster on the teapot!!! These colors are fabulous for French country! Wonderful card!

Terri said...

Sorry to hear about your internet. I hate when that happens. Great card. Love all the different patterns.

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful card. You are right about those patterned papers being just perfect. I love how you stamped the rooster on the teapot. That rooster sure does get around.

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a gorgeous country kitchen card. Great matching of all those papers.

Cammie said...

Looks like this sketch made us both think French Country. I love the papers and colors. And how clever to stamp the rooster on the teapot.