Monday, July 9, 2012

Cloud 9 Blop Hop-July

There's an exciting new blog hop starting today over at the Cloud 9 blog! It was created by the very talented Suzanne Dahlberg. I first met Suzanne through the 12 Kits of Christmas group and just love visiting her blog--talk about oozing with inspiration! I was so glad when she posted the information about the Cloud 9 blog because it was just after I received my first WPlus9 order. I now have two stamp sets and some dies and know I will be ordering more. Below is the inspiration photo Suzanne provided for this month's challenge.
As I said, I don't have a lot of stamps yet so decided to go with the colors and this embossing folder that ever so slightly reminds me of the grass-llke table skirt. But the picture looks like a celebration so I thought stars and fireworks might be in order. This Echo Park paper had the perfect colors! And I love this pocket set--so great for many occasions!!
Be sure to visit the Cloud 9 blog and learn more about the new monthly hops. There is still time to enter this one too!

Thanks for letting me share! 

Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: A Pocketful (WPlus9)
Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Stamper's Select White (PTI); Cream and Sugar (Coredinations); Unk Aqua
Patterned Paper: Summer Fabrics (Digital Paper by Gina K); Paradise Beach (Echo Park)
Additional: Rhinestones (Queen and Co.); Copic Y17; Gold Gelly Roll Pen; Rich Cocoa and Morocco Ink (Memento); Stripes Label Embossing Folder (Lifestyle)

18 comments:

Renee said...

Sharron it's fabulous!! :)
I LOVE that striped pocket...
is that from our beach paper?
You are so brilliant...
I never even thought to go look at it and it is the perfect paper for this...
mentally kicking myself now!!
A creatively fabulous card...
just love it!! :)

Marybeth said...

Wow Sharron this is amazing! I love what you came up with. That background, the stars and the sweet printed pocket. Such a creative take. Looks like I need to go shopping now.

Joyce said...

Wow--this pocket card is amazing. How lucky that you found patterned paper in the right colors. And, your embossing folder is perfect. I really like those stars coming out of the pocket.

Cathy Weber said...

This is such a good pocket card Sharron! I really, really, really (I know that is a lot of really's) want to get that pocket set! I love the IP you used and the patterned paper you chose goes with the inspiration sketch perfectly!

Suzanne said...

GO SHARRON! I am so happy you joined us because this card is great! I love the stripes and the stars with the rhinestones- perfect details! Thanks for playing along!

Melissa said...

Very cute!!

Rhonda said...

What a cute set! Love the colors Sharron.

The Paper Parade said...

Sharron, what a great idea to incorporate the colors into the pocket! And I love how you stamped on the texture, too :)

Cammie said...

Sharron, this is a wonderful interpretation of the inspiration photo. Love the stars and gems shooting from the pocket.

Kara said...

so cute..love the striped pocket!!

Kim S said...

Those bright colors on the kraft is perfect for the inspiration!

Sue Ann said...

Love the striped paper ~ and against the kraft HELLO beautiful and fun!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is fabulous, Sharron! I need to get more Wplus9 stamps, that's for sure. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Lil' Inker Designs July Release Hop!

Christina said...

What a fun a festive pocket--I love the stripes! The touches of gold are fabulous, Sharron. So glad you could join the first Cloud9 challenge!

anya said...

Very cute, Sharron! I really love your patterned pocket - I always forget about using dies on patterned paper. Love the texture you added to resemble the grass skirt, too. So glad that you played along with us!

Inkyfingers said...

Great card Sharron and that textured background card really reminds me of a pair of jeans I once had - it is a perfect base for the pocket.

Gayatri said...

Love that pocket! Just pops against the embossed kraft background. Love the gold touch. Love your card, Sharon! Pinning it. So glad you played with us @ Cloud9:)

Jen Carter said...

I want a pocket like that!! How fun!! Great use of texture too.

Hey! So I hear we are practically neighbors! :) How fun!! We should meet up sometime! I understand that there is a new scrapbook store in Wichita (I found that out from Amy who said you told her!). That store is very close to where my parents live! Can't wait to visit it!