Wednesday, July 25, 2012

CAS -ual Fridays Challenge #62: Back in Black


I'm not even going to tell you how long it has been since I've done a Cas-ual Friday challenge! But I have loved looking at all the CAS entries and decided I needed to give it try again. This one uses a black base! I just received my first order from Lil' Inker not very long again so here's my card using the sun image. LOVE their stamps and dies!!
I use this embossing folder a lot. It seems to work for so many things. And for the strip across the top I tried white, different shades of yellow and blue but decided the soft gray looked best. The velvet cardstock I have had for ages. Love the texture and the weight is fabulous for popping up the sun. The rain dot was a perfect fit and I colored two pearls with Copics to place by the sentiment.

We are still staying inside most of the time as the 100 degree days continue. There is a chance of rain for tomorrow but the temperatures aren't expected to drop much for quite a while. I want to work on some more cards so will try to have another post soon!

SMILES,MILES
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Sun Sentiments (Lil' Inker Designs)
Cardstock: True Black, Lemon Tart, Soft Stone (PTI); Bumblebee Crushed Velvet (Doodlebug Design)
Dies: Large Sunshine Die (Lil' Inker Designs)
Additional: Stripes Label Embossing Folder (Life Style), Clear Rain Dots (Cloud 9 Designs), Pearls (Recollections), Copics

8 comments:

Joyce said...

What a sweet and sunny card. I love your layout and your embossed background. And, of course that bright and happy sun. I've been playing with those same dies here today, too. Can't say I share your weather, however.

Renee said...

What a fabulous card!!
That sun...
and that incredible sentiment...
just love it and so perfect for the black base...
it just pops at you!
I'm SO in love with those dies...
all Laura has to do is make it...
because the stitching detail is the best!!
We're hot here too!
Humid.
And rain for the next couple of days but not even big chances...
and not cooling either!
And we're following the same prescription...
indoors with the 8th wonder of the world! :)

Ardyth said...

Love this sunny card - you could have played along with CASology's first challenge which was Sun. If you like CAS, this week's challenge is fruit and we'd love to see you play along!

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Sharron! Did you get rain today? Sprinkles so far in Topeka. ;) Now for this SWEET card! Oh boy oh boy am I going to CASE this one! I love the the pop of yellow color against the black. LOVE IT!

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card!! Love the embossed black background paired with the gold sun, perfect!! I'm SO glad you came back to CAS-ual Fridays and played along with us!!

Christina said...

I love how the bright yellow sun pops against the black base! The embossing looks great, too. I hope you're staying cool inside!

Marybeth said...

Love the black card with the bright sun. Great job ! The embossing is a good companion with the sun rays.

Terri said...

The yellow sun looks great on the black. Love the embossed stripes too.