Thursday, May 3, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #95

For this week's challenge we were given another fabulous sketch by Karin Akesdotter! I wanted a "thinkin' about ya" card for a friend who recently finished chemo and is still have lots of side effects. She loves to cook so I used this bright paper from Cosmo Cricket as a base for her card. I started by stamping a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock with the smallest Chicken Wire pattern. I wasn't planning on all the layers but just kept adding more as I went along--there are seven in all! I used two PTI dies for the focal point--Seed Packet Frame 2 die and Button Card die. Then for a bit more green I cut a slightly larger rectangle and rounded the corners. A circle punch was used to cut the corners of the patterned paper. The rooster and sentiment are from my wonderful French Country set! It might be a little hard to see but to finish the top, I wove a piece of green twine through the lace. 
So happy that you took time to visit! Today has been pretty miserable with the horrid heat and I so feel fortunate that I even got my card done! By afternoon we finally broke down and turned on our air conditioner! I know--it seems silly to try to hold out regardless of how uncomfortable we are!! But it feels wonderful now---so no regrets!

Have a great weekend! 

Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: French Country, Chicken Wire (WMS)
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Garden Variety (Cosmo Cricket)
Dies: Seed Packet Frame 2, Button Card (PTI); Corner Rounder
Additional: Lace (LSS); Buttons (Stash); Peapod Twine (The Twinery); Embroidery Floss; Inks (Cottage Ivy, Bamboo Leaves, Lady Bug, Rich Cocoa (Memento)

20 comments:

Joyce said...

Such a bright and cheery card for your friend. That rooster finds his way everywhere, doesn't he? I love him with that fun vegetable paper. Very cute touch to thread the twine through the lace. Makes me think of curtains.

Pauline said...

This is fab Joyce, a great mix of colours, and that rooster matches the paper theme perfectly! What a fun creation!

Kelly S. said...

EEK, what a sweet little garden card! LOVE Mr. Rooster and the chicken wire with that patterned paper! The button and lace are so perfect with this country card, awesome!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love Love Love that paper, great use of the sketch, very fresh!! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Cathy Weber said...

This is such a pretty card Sharron, love the chicken wire on the seed packet, the color combo is gorgeous and that is really pretty patterned paper with the lace.

Kim Heggins said...

Just too cute! I a in love with that rooster, who wouldn't be...and on that vegi paper, just so adorable.

Jean Martin said...

Gorgeous card! It just screams garden! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at WMSC this week! :)

Julia Aston said...

Love this Sharron! From your cute little lace 'curtain' to the fun patterned paper! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch again this week!

Anne-Elise said...

What a beautiful bright card! Love the rooster and the lace! I'm your new follower!

Christina said...

Ooh, I love how you threaded the twine through the lace at the top! This is SO cute!

Renee said...

Fabulous Sharron!!!
The colors...
so perfect!
The lace and twine...
and love the way you used the chicken wire!
Your friend is so going to love this beauty!
And yes...
it's horrible to have to turn on air at the beginning of May...
I tried to hold off till June...
but there was just no way...
and it feels so good...
I'm glad I just did it! :)
Stay cool and comfortable! :)

The Paper Parade said...

That veggie patterned paper is just adorable! I also love the lace border at the top :)

Kim Duran said...

Just darling! The lace trim at the top reminds of of a kitchen window. Sunny and charming! So glad you joined us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron! Your rooster is great! I love the crochet lace (so country) with the colorful paper background - very pretty!

-Aneta- said...

Congrats Top Mouse :):) !!! Have a nice Day Sharron !!!-Aneta-

Jeanne J. said...

Sharron! Congrats on your Top Mouse! Well Done!!!!

Joyce said...

Congratulations on your shout out for this wonderful card.

Unknown said...

A gorgeous cheery card Sharron, I love the mix of colours and patterns here!! Wonderful job, thank you so much for playing along with us!

Marybeth said...

Sharron Congrats on being Top Mouse again! This is a beauty and can see why you keep winning , you make gorgeous cards! Love the fun bright colors in this one. I now have 8 set to play with , love these WMS, and your inspiration.

Terri said...

Great card! Love all the different elements. I have that PP paper too but have never used it. I do the same thing with the AC. I had to turn it on last week too. It has cooled off again here now though. Congrats on your win!