Welcome to another 12 Kits Blog Party! If you have been visiting on the last night of each month you are aware of the purpose of our little group. Each month one member puts together kits for everyone and sends them out at the beginning of the month. The theme is always Christmas or other winter holidays and our goal is to have a cache of cards ready when the holidays roll around.
Our hostess this month is Marybeth and below is a photo of the kit she sent. Thank you, Marybeth! Everything was wonderful and I enjoyed all the wonderful goodies so much! The picture below was contributed by Kara. She always takes wonderful pictures and happily shares with anyone who wishes to post it. The day the kit arrives is always exciting! Everyone loves opening their envelope of goodies. And we have no idea what will be in it until it comes! This month, I was super excited to see the jingle bells cut with a very cool Memory Box die! She sent them in three colors! But as I was doing my cards, I didn't find just the right place for them so I have them safely tucked away--something special to play with later. Maybe I will use them when I CASE someone else's card that I see today!
| Photo by Kara |
That's another fun thing about getting all these kits. There are always leftovers!!! I used this Grand Madison Window from the January kit that Renee put together! I have the smaller version but still don't have this large one. It is a favorite so must order one soon! Marybeth used the Country Landscape die and some plaid paper to make this sweet addition! I used just a piece of it. That particular house made me think of a stable that could be used for a Christmas scene. The big gold star also came in the kit. I love the patterned paper and used it for two of my cards.
This was a perfect sentiment for the inside of the card.
And here is that same paper again. It makes a great background for the tree. It is black and I ran it through it my Cuttlebug with a embossing folder to add a little texture. The pearls and rhinestones were included as was the die cut sentiment which fit perfectly at the bottom.
My last card shows the little angels all bundled up and ready to be out in the snow! I considered leaving them uncolored. I see so many wonderful examples of images just stamped but I usually end with the colors. It's like naked buttons! I just can't bare to leave them without some type of thread! The Frostyville Border worked great! Marybeth included a die cut Holly Vine but I hated to cut it up so used these PTI dies for the sentiment strip. They coordinate with the holly on the lantern.
Well, I won't keep you! You will want to be on your way to visit all the wonderful blogs. I am always amazed how each of us comes up with totally different designs---even though we all have the same supplies!
Enjoy the hop! So happy you were able to join us!!
Sharron
Below is the list of participants:
Supplies (those included in the kit are shown in red)
Card 1
Stamps: Sentiment on front (PTI Christmas Sentiments); Inside Sentiment (Stampendous)
Cardstock: PTI Soft Stone and Pure Poppy; Bazzill Blue Textured
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Dies: Star of Wonder, Country Landscape (Memory Box), Grand Madison Window (Poppystamps); Half and Half (PTI); Labels Eleven (Spellbinders)
Card 2
Stamps: Sentiment (PTI)
Cardstock: Rustic White, True Black, Vintage Cream (PTI)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Dies: Star of Wonder (Memory Box; In the Meadow (PTI); Banner Ribbons (Spellbinders)
Additional: Pearls, Rhinestones (Hobby Lobby); Starry Night Embossing Folder (Sizzix)
Card 3
Stamps: Little Angels (Stampendous); Sentiment, Merry Little Christmas (PTI)
Cardstock: Rustic White, Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Vintage Cream (PTI)
Dies: Frostyville Border (Memory Box); Double-ended Banners, Holly Leaves and Berries (both PTI)
Additional: Copics

14 comments:
Your cards are absolutely stunning. I love seeing how you used some of the same things I did, but in a totally different way. The country landscape behind the window is my favorite. I'm glad I have that die, because I don't have any leftovers of that one!
I agree with Joyce and love that landscape behind the window and that red, just perfect! But the little snow angels are my favorite, they just so sweet and your coloring is so beautiful and with the frostyville snow falling on them, just so clever!
Your window card is just so sweet in the bright colors, with the star. The second one is so elegant with the black and pearls. Love the little girls all dressed up and clothed :) , I was afraid to color them in. You're a pro at the coloring though and they look beautiful. I did not know what to do with the bells myself, funny thought they would be easy. Love the cards you came up with Sharron. And I am so happy to get to know you from being in this group.
I love something about each one of the cards, but I think the second one with the silhouette tree is my favorite. I love the way you set it off to the side and used the banner on the bottom...gorgeous! But I also love how you used the snow die cut on the top of the sweet little girls card, and love the gorgeous window scene of the first. Great job with this kit!
Wonderful cards Sharron! Each is so unique. I love the red window and the black tree with all the pretty embellishments. The bundled up little snow angels might be my favorite. So cute!
Sharron these are fabulous!!
The scene look so great behind the window...
I thought it looked like a stable too...
I just couldn't get figured out how to actually use! :(
And the tree...
I love that tree in silhouette...
it's so gorgeous just set against that background...
you, Kara and I had the same thoughts going on! :)
But I absolutely adore the angels...
they are so adorable and just make me happy!
Your coloring is fabulous...
love it!! :)
I don't even know which one to pick as my favorite Sharron! I love the little angels, your coloring is gorgeous and I love the beautiful snowy diecut at the top of the card. I love those windows and darn, didn't even think to use the village scene behind one. Great, great idea, and all those pearls on the tree silhouette...genius! Beautiful job this month, very inspiring!
Hi Sharron! You done good girl!!!! I love the angels with the snow border - just so happy looking, and the blinged out Christmas tree, and then that fab litte scene in the window! All so beautiful - I can't help but get in the Christmas spirit looking at these three cards - I think you could please everyone here. You've got elegant, whimsical, and traditional all covered here - great way to show off your versatility!
What fabulous inspiration this month! I need to remember to dig out my leftover windows next time--I love how you created the scene with the landscape and star. The tree silhouette is so striking, and how clever to use one of the gold stars on top. And your coloring looks fantastic on those little angels! LOVE the snowy border at the top!
Beatiful coloring on those angels!! love the pearls on the tree too!! such beautiful cards!!
OMG! That last card is just adorable! I love how you layered that frostyville border over it! You did a great job with your coloring too!
So much to love here Sharron! I totally love how you did the snow overlay across the last card! Just brilliant! And that tree card is so serene and elegant! A real classic beauty!
Thanks for sharing!
Sharron! WONDERFUL!!! I love that your village is plaid, the bling-y tree, and those gorgeous angels colored so perfectly! What inspiration!
They are all great. I especially like the first one with the village behind the window. Very clever.
Post a Comment