Friday, April 27, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #94

After an extremely hectic week and a half I am finally getting to do some fun things, just for me! This week's WM sketch is again from Karin Akesdotter--isn't it great! I hated missing last week's challenge but unfortunately there was no way I could squeeze it in. I went to buy a birthday present for one of the grandchildren and stopped by Hobby Lobby. I definitely didn't need this stamp set but used a coupon and bought a Penny Black set called Mimi in Paris. I was thinking of using it with the French Country stamps that I love so much. As I was driving home, I was thinking about how wonderful it would be if Claire did a set similar to the Halloween sets with Cicily and Gracie using a French theme. Wouldn't that be fabulous!!

Anyway, here is my card. I couldn't resist the pink poodle! And the perfect background set that comes in French Country was a must. I paper pieced her hat, cut out the poodle and colored the rest with Copics.
I have tried to regularly check blogs but haven't written all the comments that I would have liked. Hopefully things will run more smoothly for a while now. And it's almost time for the 12 Kits of Christmas monthly post so be sure to come back on May 1.

Have a great weekend!
SMILES,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: French Country, Compact Sentiments (WMS); Mimi in Paris (Penny Black)
Cardstock: Fine Linen, Vintage Cream, Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush (PTI)
Dies: Labels One, Spellbinders
Additional: Argyle Embossing Folder (Sizzix); Black Ribbon (May Arts); Copics; Tuxedo Black Ink (Memento)

10 comments:

Marybeth said...

Oh this is so darn cute Sharron! Love how you brought this altogether. Yes, I love the poodle. I love going to Hobby Lobby and looking at the stamps knowing I can always use a coupon from my phone. The French Country is perfect for this girl!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness! This is super cute! Great job with the sketch. Nice background stamping as well! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Cathy Weber said...

Love that sweet girl and she goes so well with French country and that beautiful background stamping. Ooh-la-la was the perfect sentiment to use with her too! Hope things calm down a bit and you have more time in your craft room.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh your petite young lady is so sweet! Love the classic French feel! You can't go wrong with Penny Black and a coupon to boot!

Renee said...

It's Daylily season!! :)
I thought of you the other day when I realized it had been a while and was starting to worry...but then I thought "She's very busy right now with Daylilies!"
And this card is so incredibly adorable...
that sentiment sums it all up! :)
I think there's a little girl who would most definitely love to receive this!
Such a fun take on the challenge...
just love it!! :)

Joyce said...

Very cute card. And thanks for the reminder about our 12 kits. I've got my cards ready to go--just need to write them up. I'll be back to see what you've done.

The Paper Parade said...

I just LOVE the pink poodle! And the little girl is adorable, too :) That background goes perfectly with the card, too, and funny sentiment :)

Terri said...

Super cute. She goes great with the background image too. Hope this week is less hectic for you.

Marybeth said...

Congrats for the shout out on this adorable card , Sharron!

Jeanne J. said...

Hey Sharron! Congrats! GO YOU!!!! Glad to see you sweet French girl featured at WM!! Hugs!