Thursday, April 5, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #91

This week's WM Sketch may look like it would be easy but definitely not for me!! I have thrown away more paper in the last couple of days than I ever do. I'm not sure why I struggled so much but I guess single layers just aren't my thing. It's great though to have challenges like these and force trying new things but wow--that doesn't mean it will be easy! 

Nevertheless, in the end I have two cards for the challenge! I wasn't sure what things could be used and still qualify as one layer but I liked what I came up with so here are my entries!

Card #1 uses stamping, coloring with Prismacolor pencils and a bit of trim. The stamp set for both cards is WM French Country! I haven't used pencils in ages but since Copic markers would bleed through it was an excuse to get out my pencils and Gamsol and it was fun to play with them again!

Supplies
Stamps: French Country (WMS)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Additional: Prismacolor Pencils, Twine from The Twinery, Button (PTI)
Inks: Papaya and Blueberry (Amuse)

Card #2 was stamped, also colored with Prismacolor pencils, then embossed. I found when I was making the tag that the little medallion I used on the background fit perfectly at the top of the tag--even the holes lined up. I used two tags--a plain one and one with a cut out heart. I colored an area on the plain tag and then glued them together. This was actually one of the cards that got messed up (there were several!). I was trying to figure out how to emboss the front and leave an area plain but obviously that didn't work! This one I salvaged and it is now my favorite!
Supplies
Stamps: French Country (WMS); Tiny Tags (PTI)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (PTI); Pink (Stash)
Additional: Prismacolor Pencils; Gingham Ribbon (LSS); Twine (The Twinery); Diamonds and Dots Embossing Folder (Quikutz); Tiny Tags Die (PTI)
Ink: Bamboo Leaves (Memento)

So glad you came to visit! LOVE your comments! And if you have any tips on one layer successes, please leave those too!!!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Sharron

14 comments:

Vickie Z said...

These are gorgeous!! I about went into meltdown over this but, you have 'aced' the whole one layer thing!! Fabulous!!

Renee said...

Sharron...
they are both SO fabulous...
I just LOVE them!!
I thought the 1st one would be my favorite...
I LOVE the colors...
but then you showed the 2nd and I just DIE over that fabulously stamped...
stunningly colored background!!
The colors...
the pattern...
that fabby gingham ribbon...
LOVE it!! :)

Kara said...

Oooooo....love these. I especially love card 1. Beautiful colors!!!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh WOW! These are both so amazing, Sharron! I am so loving that beautiful border colored that way. Your pink flowers are so lovely...like they are intertwined in lattice :) Green gingham with a tiny tag...swoooon! I, too, wasted quite a few sheets of paper for my one layer wonder. I ended up having 1 stamped on each side of my sample when I took my photo (front, inside, back)! Hee, decided I had better "fix" it aftewards before I forgot and sent it to someone with all of my mistakes!

Terri said...

One layer cards are very hard for me too. Both of yours are great though. Love you use of French Country. that one is still on my wish list.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my word, they're amazing! Well done adding so much colour to these images. Thank you for joining us with the Waltzingmouse Sketch this week :)

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful stampings and colors on both of these Sharron - I think my favorite is the first one!

Jean Martin said...

Sharron these are gorgeous! I love how you colored the images on the stamps! Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Kim Duran said...

Wow! These cards are both so stunning! I love the way you've stamped your own backgrounds. So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Jeanne J. said...

Wow Sharron! Beautiful card - love how you colored the Country French Border and the blue and yellow. Congrats on your win at WMSC!!

Inkyfingers said...

Like you Sharron, I am never sure what you can 'legally' add to a one layer card but I love what you came up with! Such pretty design and both so different.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your well-deserved win! YAY! I love both of your cards! Thanks for pointing out how the medallion stamp fits so well on the tiny tag. I'll be tryin' that for sure!

Super Jen said...

These are both stunners but that first makes me jealous - it is PERFECT and I wish I could have made it!

Marybeth said...

Hi Sharron I was just going to congratulate you on your win, then saw that my first comment is missing. So sorry, maybe I never pressed send. I love your one layer cards I think you did a great job. You would never guess that you had trouble with this. Beautiful coloring too! Congrats !