Thursday, April 12, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #92

This week's WM sketch was contributed by one of the super talented Mischief Makers, Karin  Akesdotter.  I wanted to try something other than banners and finally decided on butterflies. After seeing Kara's, KandrDesigns, beautiful card using leaves, I came up with this design using the WM sketch. I cut a piece of Spring Moss cardstock with my newest to arrive die, Mat Stack 5. First I inked up and stamped just partial images from WM Chicken Wire (love this!) and PTI Text Style. Then I added the leaves, using two colors of Memento Ink--Bamboo Leaves and Pear Tart. For these, I used the Generational Stamping technique from last week's PTI MIM challenge by Ashley Cannon Newell. Maybe I should have added more leaves, especially at the top! The line across the top was a stamp from It's A Celebration. After looking for small butterflies with patterns, I used one from Butterfly Dreams and one from Antique Engravings. Hubby asked about the 'upside down' one but it's just flying down!! They are colored with Copics. The background layer is embossed with Leafy Branch folder by Cuttlebug. To keep with the more rustic look I used copper eyelets (one of my seldom used supplies) and some Rustic Twine. The sentiment is from Frame It by WM.

This reminds me of designs I see a lot on patterned papers and I plan on using it again!

Be sure to take some time to see the other WM entries. There's always lots of inspiration!

Thanks for coming by,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Chicken Wire, Frame It (WMS); Text Style 1, Turning a New Leaf, Butterfly Dreams, It's a Celebration (PTI); Antique Engravings (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Rustic Cream, Rustic White (PTI)
Dies: Mat Stack 5, Double-ended Banners (PTI)
Additional: Leafy Branch Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Copper Eyelets (American Crafts), Rustic Twine (PTI), Copics; Memento Ink (Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, Rich Cocoa); Amuse Ink (Slate); Ranger Distress Ink (Antique Linen)

11 comments:

Kara said...

beautiful stamped scene you created! gorgeous!!

Renee said...

Sharron this is gorgeous!!
I LOVE the butterflies...
especially the upside down one!!
They're never flying in the same direction are they? :)
Such beautiful colors...
and love that chickenwire...
it's so fabulous with this!!
Gorgeous!! :)

Kelly S. said...

Oh a botanical BEAUTY, Sharron! I love the green and the way you stamped the chicken wire! The butterflies are so gorgeous colored that way. The embossed and stamped leaves finish out the WOW!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! I absolutely LOVE your take on the sketch Sharron! So beautiful and I love how you used the new chicken fence stamp to create such a perfect bg - Fabulous card!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC, hugs, Karin

Karin Åkesdotter said...

I meant chicken wire...

Julia Aston said...

Love your pretty stampings on this Karin! especially the partial chicken wire - I've got to remember to try that! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Christina said...

How clever to use the butterflies in place of a banner! Love the layered stamping you did and the twine wrapped around the bottom.

Marybeth said...

Sharron!!!! This is gorgeous! I think the way you stamped the background is .. well just so creative and beautiful! Love the butterfly banner. I see another winner. I hope to get a chance to make this sketch, with my few WMS.

Jeanne J. said...

Sharron, I love the partial chicken wire (very creative) and those pretty butterflies. Great take on the sketch! The background looks just like patterned paper!

Joyce said...

This is just beautiful.

Terri said...

Great use of the sketch. Love the butterfly banner.