Thursday, May 24, 2012

Waltzingmouse Challenges: A Cozy Christmas

It's time for this month's Waltzingmouse Blog Party!! And because I was very late getting my card done and then felt sick yesterday morning, I ended up creating my card using inspiration from this week's WM sketch and the photo for the February Christmas challenge. I am really that far beyond with my Christmas cards! But now there are only three to go before being caught up!!
MAY THEME: FELT AND COZY FABRICS
Here is the sketch created by the wonderful Lynn Mercurio. What a fun design and a real challenge--ended  up being a toughie for me!
Below is the inspiration photo. There are so many options to choose from so I used several!
So here is my card! 
I used three WM stamp sets and a bunch of dies! The letters, holly leaves and stockings were all cut from felt! The finished card is 5"x 5". The garlands at the top were stamped using the wreath die from Twas the Night Before Christmas and the window and candle are also from that set. The tree and reindeer are from Nordic Winter.

I won't keep you so you can go visit all the other blogs! I know you will find some fabulous inspiration. If you haven't yet ordered any WM stamps, you might want to add a few to your wish list. Claire has such a wonderful selection in her store!

Have fun hopping!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Twas the Night Before Christmas, Nordic Winter, Compact Sentiments (WMS)
Cardstock: New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream, Rustic White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Mr. Claus (Cosmo Cricket)
Dies: Alphabet Dies, Framed Out #1, Framed Out #3, Holly Jolly Collection, Love Lives Here Holiday Collection, Take Three (all PTI)
Additional: Felt (PTI, local quilt store); Dew Drops; Pearls (Recollections); Copics; Memento Inks (Bamboo Leaves, Lady Bug); Amuse Ink-Slate

28 comments:

Julia Aston said...

So sorry you aren't feeling well Sharron! you did a great job combining the three challenges on your lovely Christmas card! love the felt stockings and letters!

Deborah Frings said...

Love this card and the felt stockings are just fab! This is a super Christmas card.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Joyce said...

Well, Sharon, I certainly hope you are feeling better. It definitely hasn't impacted your crafting talent. This is a wonderful card, and I just want to reach out and cuddle with it. I think my favorite part are those two darling stockings--they look so fun.

Lynn Mercurio said...

SQUEAL...oh my Sharron...I LOVE ❤❤❤ this Christmas card. What a great idea to stamp only half of that wreath to hang your felt letters from. I love everything about this card!

Bonnie said...

Way to go combining all of the challenges!! I love this and all there is to see - it is amazing!

Kary said...

Sharron, your card is Beautiful!! Love the Christmas elements and they are so delightful. What a great take on the sketch!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron! You captured so much Waltzingmouse goodness here! I love all the stamped images you used and of course those sweet little felt socks!

Marybeth said...

I hope you feel better soon Sharron. You sure came up with another beauty. Love your Christmas card and all the fun stamps you used for it.

Cathy Weber said...

Oh Sharron, what have you done here? This is such a gorgeous Christmas card based on the sketch...you have a great eye and came up with such a great idea for the sketch. I love how you stamped the wreath half on and half off the panels and added all those great Nordic Winter images too. Beautiful job.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Sharron,
This is such a great take on this week's sketch and I love how you added the felt elements - the perfect Christmas card!
Hugs, Karin

Bumblebee said...

This card is so cute! Love the little felt elements, and well done combining it with the sketch challenge. Anyone would be delighted to receive that lovely card!

Renee said...

ADORABLE!!
I just LOVE this...
makes me dream of Christmas and we're hitting 90 with sunshine outside today! :)
All the little windows...
the felt stockings and JOY...
Sharron it is fabulous!! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Don't you just love it when you can make one card that fits for more than one challenge?? Your card is so festive and perfect for Christmas, love all of the red and green and felt stockings are just so sweet!

Peanut said...

What a super-fun card, Sharron! Love the details. Thanks for sharing and hope you feel better soon.

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my gosh, this so IS a cozy Christmas card! I love the way you "hung" the letters from the garland...and those felt stockings are the perfect touch :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is soooo cute, Sharron! I love the little felt letters with the garland!! Great take on the sketch, too!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Sharron! Love the felt socks and all the details! Hope you feel better!

Teresa Kline said...

adorable Christmas card...so glad you played along with us at WM!

enjoy *~*

Katie Gehring said...

This is super fun! Love all the details! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Jan Garber said...

Puts me in the Christmas spirit! Lovely!

Jan Garber said...

Puts me in the Christmas spirit! Lovely!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a cozy card Sharron! Love all the felt die cut pieces! Such great detail! Thanks for joining along with the WM party and WMSC :)

Tara Cardwell said...

Great way to combine the challenges and you made a fabby Christmas card from them :-D

Charmaine Stack said...

Well done, Sharron - what a fun and cheery card with lots of interest, and look how many challenges you managed!!!

Claire said...

I found that sketch a real challenge too Sharron. The red and green felt looks gorgeous on your Christmas card and I love the stamped wreaths. Beautiful.

Terri said...

Great job with the sketch. Love all the different elements. Hope you are feeling better today.

Inkyfingers said...

Oh I love this Christmas card Sharron. So festive and it has all the essentials of the season.

Lori said...

What a fun holiday card! Love all of the detail.