This week's sketch is by the talented Lynn Mercurio! And guess what came in the mail this week--some fabby new WM stamps! I couldn't wait to try out the little ellie in Half Pint Heroines. I was planning on posting yesterday but didn't get all the paper piecing done until this morning. This is the perfect image for that! I wanted a lot of dimension so I cut out the elephant first, the head with ears and then the head without ears! The toenails and the fringe were all cut out too. Not really hard to do but a little time consuming! The 'smile' is done with thickers to add even more dimension!
Thanks so much for checking out my entry! Sorry I'm so late getting it posted!
Enjoy your weekend,
SMILES
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Half Pint Heroines (WMS)
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, Hawaiian Shores, Stamper's Select White (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Green Tea Leaves, Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI)
Additional: Thickers (American Crafts); Rhinestones (My Mind's Eye); Twine (The Twinery), Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
13 comments:
This is so cute!!! I love all the paper piecing on this one...and even the toenails, now that must have taken some time. It was worth it because this is adorable. Love the Thickers "Smile", adds such dimension to an already great card.
this is just so cute. I love that paper pieced elephant, and your sentiment, as well.
Eeeep! This is soooooooo adorable!!!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)
I love him, I love him!! :)
He looks so fabulous paper pieced...
and such gorgeous colors!!
That sentiment...
I just melted when I saw all the incredible sentiments Claire included in this set...
and love the way you used the die cuts to spell "smile"!! :)
And incredible card that I know someone is going to treasure...
it's so fabulous Sharron! :)
OMG is this ever sweet, Sharron! I just love how the elephant is "decorated", such perfect patterned papers. Your sentiment with the emphasis on SMILE is so adorable!
Just love your elephant - so cute. Great card!
Sharron I love how you used new stamps from WSM !!! Perfect colours and great job :)
How adorable is that elephant! Love the patterned paper. I am so happy to see you using the newest stamp set!
Wow! New Stamps!!! YEAHHH!!! I love your "ellie" - I've never paper pieced before - yours looks great - I love that sentiment - it just makes ME smile!!
Wow Sharron, your card is ever so CUTE!! I LOVE your paper-pieced elephant, she's a cutie. Your card makes me smile, it's such a delight!! Have a wonderful weekend! {hugs}
Fab combo with the gorgeous elephant and the thicker sentiment, looks great, thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!
Sharron!!!!! Love this, you got your new stamps! This is just adorable! Now I want this set of stamps too. Love the paper piecing. Love the card!
Super cute! Love the paper pieced elephant.
Post a Comment