Thursday, November 17, 2011

Waltzingmouse Waltz: Theme-Winter/Christmas

Festive Foliage is one of my new (to me) WM stamp sets. The images are so beautifully done and the detail is fabulous. I decided to use this image and emboss in silver. I stamped the entire branch on Pinefeather cardstock before embossing. Then I restamped the pine cones on Dark Chocolate. They were then embossed, cut out and added on top. The background paper is one of those treasures I just happened to come across when I got out my Christmas papers. It is a sheet of patterned vellum that I have had for several years. To help create the winter feel I glued it to a sheet of white cardstock so the pattern is more visible. The sentiment from Christmas Cottage was stamped in Versamark and then Memento Lady Bug before embossing with clear embossing powder. I love the icy look it created! The base is dry embossed with a woodgrain impression plate. Rhinestones colored with a Copic marker add a touch of brighter color. 

I have been so inspired by all the wonderful WM projects that have been posted during the past couple of weeks. Wish I had time to try them all out before Christmas! 

Hope you enjoy the Waltz! Here's a link to Claire's blog where you can find information on how to participate and a link to Waltz.

Hugs,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Festive Foliage, Christmas Cottage(WMS)
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Pinefeather, Dark Chocolate, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Papers: Patterned Vellum (A Wonderful Winter Day-Deja Views)
Additional: Deckled Rectangle Die (Spellbinders); Woodgrain Impression Plate (PTI); Rhinestones (Queen and Company); Embossing Powders-Detail Silver and Clear (Ranger); Ribbon (American Crafts); Memento Ink; Copics; Vellum Spray Glue

29 comments:

Kary said...

Beautiful foliage card!! It looks amazing embossed in silver. Great card, Sharron!!

Deborah Frings said...

Love it! The silver pinecones and branch on the rich green and brown look fabulous. And I do like the vellum backing - soft, subtle, beautiful!!

Cammie said...

Sharron, this is gorgeous! I love that image and it is so beautiful embossed in silver with the velum background.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Oh Sharron this is fab. the embossing is super.

Ali x

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, what wonderful stamping and embossing! Love it!

Inkyfingers said...

Fabulous embossing Sharron that really emphasises the great detail in the stamp. Lovely paper too!

Renee said...

That embossing is fabulous!!
Love how you layered the pinecones!
And then the soft background...
a fabulous card Sharron! :)
Love it!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Sharron! I clicked to enlarge the photo and WOW! I love the silver embossed foliage! Thanks for the inspiration!

Julia Aston said...

Festive Foliage is one of my fav sets for winter - your pine bough looks wonderful embossed on this pretty card Sharron!

Jeanne J. said...

Your silver embossed pine is simply elegant!

Super Jen said...

Love your classic look!

Clare said...

Love your embossed pine cones! Fabulous effect!

Karen H. said...

Pretty card. Love the embossing over green.

Tara Cardwell said...

love the matching background - a very effective card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the silver pinecones against the black!! What a beautiful card!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is beautiful Sharron. Such a lovely foliage creation!

BethieJ said...

Your card is LOVELY!!!
Have a GREAT day! Happy Waltzing!

Jacqueline Smith said...

I really like this elegant card, love the stamp set too which I don't have yet!

Kelly S. said...

SO elegant, Sharron! I just love the silver embossing on the pinefeather cardstock. The vellum frame is so delicate and adds to the charm of this card. It's just like I would imagine an old-fashioned Christmas card to look! Just beautiful!!!

Cathy Weber said...

Sharron, this is such a gorgeous card. I love the silver branches and the popped up pine cones. That vellum paper is really beautiful, wish I could find some of that where I live. The woodgrain was a great touch for this card.

LaurieJ said...

Gorgeous with a capital G! Love the silver embossing - so rich. Don't you just love the Festive Foliage set?!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a WONDERFUL Christmas card Sharron! Love your design, your embossing and beautiful, elegant choice of colors.

Helen Berry said...

What a fantastic card - the vellum is beautiful and the silver embossed foliage is SO elegant. Wow, thanks for the inspiration.
Sharron, thank you so much for the wonderful comment you left on my blog - so very kind - i really did appreciate it xxx

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love that silver foliage, Sharron! Great job!

rudlis said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

Kim Heggins said...

The embossed pinecones are just beautiful.

Liza said...

A beautiful card Sharron, so elegant and festive.

Liza x

Terri said...

Very pretty. Love the embossing. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Diane Jaquay said...

What an ELEGANT card this is, Sharron!! Love the beautiful embossing of the pine needles/pine cones!