Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #72

Note 11-10: Photos replaced this afternoon. Retook them with better light. Hope it helps!

My card for today started out as a CASE! I love this card by Kelly Schmirer from the last WMSC. I had it saved in my inspiration file so when Claire announced there is a competition where we were to CASE something done by one of the design team, I went back to find this one. I wasn't sure it qualified as this was not one of the SOAP posts. But no problem as it eventually just grew into a 3-panel card that I can use for this week's WMSC. When I began I was going to use the snowman from A Cottage Christmas with trees stamped with the Nordic Winter set. After die cutting and stamping them and finishing the star, I realized they were a little too large for what I wanted. So I went to the three panels. I wasn't sure about how to do the shaped tops but found an EK punch that seemed to work. The card was cut to 10 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches before I punched the top. It was scored and folded into thirds. This was a little more time consuming but the very best part was I was able to use a bunch of my new stamps and also a couple of 
new dies!
The cottage from A Cottage Christmas was colored with Copics and dusted with 'glittery snow'. 
The star is from Sewing Box: Hugs and the lamb is from my newest WM set, L'il Buddies. Isn't he adorable! The sentiments are from A Cottage Christmas and Say It Loud-Winter Holiday. 'Peace' is cut from felt using a new PTI die.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it!
Smiles,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: A Cottage Christmas, L'il Buddies, Nordic Winter, Say It Loud-Winter Holiday, Sewing Box: Hugs (all WMS)
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Stamper's Select White, Ripe Avocado (PTI)
Additional Paper: Simply Smooth-White (Bazzill), 12 Days of Christmas (My Mind's Eye)
Additional: Dies (Wonderful Words: Holiday, Merry and Bright-both PTI); EK Success Curve Edge Punch; White Glitter (Stampin' Up and Martha Stewart); Rhinestones; Ripe Avocado Ink (PTI); Spring Moss Felt (PTI)

12 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

This is just so cute! I especially love the little lamb, and hearing how the project grew from the original CASE to a 3-panel sketch challenge effort!

rudlis said...

Beautiful project!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Sharron! I love the snowy house, and the little scenes you have created, something I don't feel confident doing. Love those hills, and the little lamb beneath the star, the trees and all the sparkle. Gorgeous gorgeous card!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I do like this! I think the three panel card tells a super story - the cottage is so pretty and I adore the sweet lamb! Fab!

Gabi MeWi said...

It´s made with love and so it looks lovely...

Kelly S. said...

Oh Sharron! I just LOVE it! That sheep is adorable paired with the Christmas Cottage scene. I adore the color scheme, and your coloring of the house is so pretty. I love the sparkling Sewing Box star and the sentiment you created that carries through each panel. Oooo and those Nordic TREES! This is so awesome...and thanks for your sweet words ;)!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Oh WOW Sharron! This is absolutely adorable. LOVE all your little scenes and the colors you've used are just wonderful!

Renee said...

Sharron this is fabulous!!
Love all the scenes...
and the colors are perfect!
That cottage...
gorgeous! :)
We're getting some of your cold weather...
20's tonight!
We were almost at 80 just the other day!
Hope all is well!

Julia Aston said...

How lovely Sharron! Your panel scenes are so pretty - great job with the WMS sketch this week!

Savitri said...

Super cute!! LOVE your design!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful Sharron, I'm just getting around the entries now! thank you for playing along!!

Terri said...

Great Card! Love your use of all the different sets and the colors too.