Tuesday, June 21, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #7: Birthday Wishes

The CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week is to use color blocks. I had a birthday card I was waiting to make and fortunately my PTI order came in the mail yesterday! I was even more excited about receiving this order than usual. Of course, any PTI box is a treat! But this one has several sets I am so anxious to use. And in addition, my anniversary set came--so cool. After seeing so many great samples on blogs, I wanted so much to try out my own. One of the sets I ordered was Mehndi Medallion and I LOVE them! The designs are fabulous! I have only used this large one but it stamps so well. I used heliotrope ink and embossed with clear. 

Color blocks are fun--first there is just playing around with colors to decide what to use. I didn't want to do something exactly symmetrical so the one accent stripe is a little shorter and I put the sentiment on the opposite corner.

This is an extra busy week so I may not get to try out all my new goodies. :(!! But I'll have time to visit blogs and get inspired!

Thanks so much for dropping by!
Have a great day,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Mehndi Medallion (PTI), Teeny Trees (Waltzingmouse)
Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White (all PTI); Purple-unknown color (Bazzill)
Additional: Inks: Heliotrope (Colorbox), Tuxedo Black (Memento): Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger), Rhinestone

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

Fantastic looking card with the beautiful focal point! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
I absolutely love the colors!
I've been waffling on this little set...
but I have a feeling it'll be coming to my house soon...
a fabby focal point! :)
Love your color blocking...
I've never done it before and am still trying to work something out in my head!
Just finished rereading The Hunger Games...
I'm in a reread mode lately...
love revisiting books.
Hope you're doing well...
we're getting rain but it's cooling off a bit after high 90's...so no complaints!:)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty card and lovely focal image! My order still has not arrived. :o( Hope to be playing soon with the new releases.

Terri said...

Great job! Love the medallion. Carol and I went in on an order together. We are still waiting for it here in Colorado. I am looking forward to playing with this stamp set when I get it too. thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Such an elegant card! Gorgeous choice of colours and that Medallion is the most a-ma-zing centrepiece! Love it!

Arlene said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love the look of the mehndi stamp...just gorgeous. Your work is amazing. I am your newest follower.

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Cammie said...

Gorgeous card! The design of your card with block of green on one side of the focal point is great. And I love the colors you've used.

Kryssi said...

This is lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

Medallions are huge right now, I've been on the fence trying to decide whose I wish to buy and the price tag on PTI's is great. This is lovely, I always like a nice large block of purple!

Nerina said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colour combo you've chosen - and the graphic feel you've given this image! So strong and bold, but still so pretty!