Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Embellish Color Challenge (Light Blue, Dark Blue, Red, Brown); PTI Peeps Challenge

Today's card is for two challenges. The current Embellish challenge with a nautical theme and a PTI Peeps challenge, hosted by Cammie back in June, where we were to make a masculine card. I bought this wonderful set by Wilson Designs some time ago and had only inked one stamp. So glad to get it out again and play. The waves were made with a circle punch and the twine trim has a sailor's knot. I started out with just the waves and then realized that an extra layer of paper to create a horizon worked better. I fussy cut the sailboat and the life preserver and added a little light blue with a Copic marker to hopefully help blend in with the sky. Love this stamp set!

Every day here is over 100 degrees--even got up to 111! Lots of time is devoted to just keeping our flowers alive. They look terrible so I'm just hoping they all make it through the summer.

So glad you were able to visit--come back soon!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Nauti-Cool (Wilson Designs)
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Stamper's Select White (PTI) + a piece of brown (source unknown)
Additional: Circle Punch, Divine Twine, Copics

9 comments:

Renee said...

I LOVE it!
Love anything nautical...
just the colors make me swoon!
Hope you are staying cool...
it's horridly hot here too...
my Mom is freaking about her flowers and her garden...
but rain is in the forecast...
hope it cools off! :)

Nerina said...

Beautiful Sharron! I love the graphic feel you've given this - it's so clean and crisp! And the twine along the bottom is perfect!

Terri said...

Very cute. The scallops look great as waves. Sorry it is so hot there and taking a toll on your flowers. Hopefully some of our rain will come your way soon.

Cristina said...

So, so cute! Those waves look fantastic, and I adore your twine treatment. Thanks for joining us at Embellish!

JJ Bolton said...

Your sailor's knot is the perfect touch! Great card!

kari bell said...

the card is adorable, but the knot sends it over the top! congrats on your embellish shout out too.

Chunyuan said...

Such a cute card. Congrats on your Embellish shout out.

~Tammy~ said...

Congrats on your What's Hot! Love those Wilson Design stamps! Fabulous execution of the challenge! :-)

Kim Wilson said...

Fabulous card Sharron!!! :) TFS and congrats!