Saturday, June 18, 2011

My First Waltzingmouse Waltz Entry!


Actually I had started on this card before I noticed this month's Waltzingmouse Waltz theme. It is a birthday card for our grandson but it would work just as well for a Fourth of July celebration card. Happy Birthday, USA! Here is a link to Claire's blog where you can get more info and see lots of red, white and blue beauties. How sweet of her to choose an Americana theme for this month!

I had this tissue paper with the happy birthday sentiments and had planned to use it for a recent MIM challenge at PTI. I've never used tissue on cardstock before and love the easy, fun effect. I already had my stars cut out so with a tag die, a button and some twine it came together so quickly. I am trying out more CAS designs and have really been enjoying the results.

It's so hard to believe it is almost the 4th of July! OMG, it makes me think I should be working on Christmas projects!!

Thanks for stopping by........
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Sewing Box: Hugs (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Bitty Dots (PTI)
Additional: Tag #4 Die (PTI), Tissue Paper (Hallmark), Divine Twine, Button, Embroidery Thread

16 comments:

LaurieJ said...

Fantastic! Love you tag/star focal point. And what a great background!!

Antje said...

I like how you made the bg and the star fits just perfect!

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabulous creation love everything about it

Ali x

Kelly S. said...

Yay, Sharron! Congratulations on your first waltz, I hope you come back again and again! The background on this is soooo cool! Love the blue star against the red, somebody will feel really special getting this awesome card on his/her birthday :)

Kelly S. said...

Errr, I meant to say RED star against the blue, hee!

Renee said...

It awesome!!
Love the red, white and blue...
that red star just *pops*!!
And I found that tissue paper challenge really cool too...
so easy to add a little texture and color!!
So glad you made the waltz...I keep saying I'm going to one of these days!!

Rhonda said...

Lots of fun here Sharron!!! I have yet to try the tissue paper. I did to get cracking. Happy Birthday to your grandson.

Julia Aston said...

I almost missed you on the hop! love the background stamping and the fun star - what a great b'day card!

Lynn Mercurio said...

A wonderful creation. I just love this Americana star and it's a perfect image for this theme. Great job.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, is this ever adorable, this was also my very first waltz...hope your day is grand!

enjoy *~*

Joanne Gilch said...

Wonderful card.....luv the tissue paper bg. Isn't the waltz fun?

Pauline said...

Fabulous card, the homespum star is so lovely nestled on the bauble! Where has this year gone??!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wonderful card! Great idea to use the sentiment as a background.

Deborah Frings said...

Such a fun birthday card - love the layered star and sweet button!! Fab!

Cammie said...

Terrific card, Sharron! Love the folk art star popping off the round tag! I know what you mean about getting started on those Christmas projects;)

Terri said...

Great job! That tissue paper is perfect for this technique. I bet your grandson will love it.