I chose to use Gems-Dies-Flowers
'Playing tic-tac-toe'----these CFC challenges are so much fun. Today I used two PTI sets-Honey Bees and Garden Variety. This patterned paper reminds me of honeycombs. And with inspiration from the current MIM challenge at PTI, I was reminded how effective the rock and roll technique using two inks can be. I cut out the watering pitcher and then inked the stamp first with gray and then rolled it in black. The bees I did the same way--gray first, then a little brown. That is a little tricky with such a small image! I used a prismacolor pencil to add more brown on the thorax. For the abdomen I colored with a yellow Copic and added black lines. I know, I sometimes get a little hung up on details!!
You can check the rest of the CFC entries here.
Hope you're having a great week! We have been spending a lot of time in the garden. Between the 100 degree temperatures and then a hail storm our daylilies look worse than they ever have. We're finally getting lots of blooms but the foliage looks awful so they are seen best from a distance!
Smiles,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Honey Bees, Garden Variety (PTI)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart (both PTI); Textured Gray (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Dies: Nestabilites Circles, Garden Variety (PTI)
Additional: Corner Punch, Rain Dots, Antique Linen Distressed Inks (Ranger), Memento Inks, Copics

11 comments:
Just delightful! I love the warm sunshiney polka dotted background and your watering can is adorable!! Glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Just loving that sweet watering can! Fabulous inking technique!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
In Love!! That watering can image and your coloring are amazing elements of this project - out of this world adorable! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again and share more of your beautiful work!
Tic tac toe challenges are loads of fun, glad you used the bee set, I was going to combine those two as well, but my new garden set has yet to see ink. Great inspiration!
Great job! Love the watering can with the flowers in it. The bees are a great touch too! Sorry to hear about the hail.
So gorgeous!
I love the colors...
and I agree...
the paper does look like honeycomb! :)
Perfect card!
Sorry about the hail and daylilies...
I think we got your remnants yesterday afternoon!
But it's been about 3 weeks since we've had rain...
desperate for it!
Ahhh...
Summers!
Very pretty! Love the layout you have going here. Sorry to hear about the damage to your plants. And the heat! Yikes! My lilies are up but still now flowers. Could take another season.
This is such a sweet card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura
Sharron, I love this layout. It is such a great showcase for the watering can, flowers, and bees. I am adding this to my inspiration file. Sorry to hear your day lilies. I need to to do some deadheading on my mine.
Wishing you a break from the heat.
Sharon, love your combination of sets here. That watering can is just the sweetest image and your inking makes it more realistic. Sorry about your lilies. You work so hard on them and then hail can do such damage. I'm sure you won't give up and still love each and every one.
Oh I love this! These sets are fantastic together - this card really makes me smile! Your rock n' roll technique has worked beautifully - I love the dimension you've given the image!
Post a Comment