Sunday, June 5, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #5

Happy Sunday! The birds are splashing in the pond and the daylilies are starting to bloom. It certainly feels like summer. Of course, the 100 degree temperatures are a sure sign too. I just hope this won't continue all summer!

I wanted to try a new challenge. I love following my stamping friend Renee's blog (It's a Patchwork Life). And she's has been entering CAS-ual Friday challenges and doing a fabulous job. I just love CAS and see so many great examples out in blogland so thought I would do my own.

We are to use this sketch:

This card ended up being so easy I almost feel guilty!

The curved sentiment from All Booked Up was an easy choice. I thought this would make a fun masculine card that could be given with the gift of a book or a gift card to a bookstore. I also liked this Graphic 4 plaid paper. And since I had to make a card for hubby's golfing buddy's retirement party, I used it again to make this card.
I have gotten such good use from this Riley stamp! I have made at least a half dozen cards for various people who play golf. 

Hope you have a great week and if it's as warm where you are as it is here, try to stay cool!!

Sharron

Supplies (for both cards)
Stamps: All Booked Up, On My Couch (sentiment)-both PTI; Riley Playing Golf from Riley and Co.
Paper: Kraft, Pure Poppy, True Black, Vintage Cream Cardstocks from PTI; Patterned Paper from Graphic 45
Additional: Copics, Black Rhinestones, Martha Stewart Baker's Twine, EK Success Border Punch, Nestabilities, Circle Punches, Flag Charm

11 comments:

Aimes said...

Oooh never feel guilty for a card that just comes together - make the most of it LOL! That curved sentiment suits the sketch so well!
Two great guy cards (I'll be keeping them in mind when I struggle to make mine!)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Renee said...

AAAWWWW!!!
Did you hear me scream...surely you did...
I LOVE it!! :)
It's absolutely gorgeous...
I love everything about it...
including that perfect plaid!!
It reminds me of Burberry...
so very fashionable!
I just love it Sharron...
it's perfect!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Really love the first card you have made for the CAS-ual challenge. Perfect way to frame the sentiment! Cute retirement card too! Birds are happy splashing in the baths. Daylilies are still coming up and we may reach 85 today. That is hot enough for me! Keep cool.

Jenny said...

Hi Sharron. Love your take on the sketch I can see why you used the book stamp. Just love the sentiment too and how it follows the card. Fabulous card :)
Jenny x

Dana said...

Sharron, this is great! I was tempted to use that same open book and sentiment stamp for my DT card! You really did this sketch justice. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Laura Davis said...

Great work & great take on my sketch!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Laurie said...

Sharon this is the perfect image for this sketch! I love your card! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Terri said...

Great job on both of them. I especially like the one with the moose. Very cute! Hope you are enjoying the nice weather we have been having enjoying it too.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Super cute! That plaid is yummy! Great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in future challenges!

Karen B. said...

What a great stamp for this sketch challenge! Lovely color combination as well. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous~!