Monday, February 7, 2011

Totally Hues Challenge 1


Heather P., whom I meet through the PTI Peeps, has started a color challenge. I LOVE her blog, her style and her wonderful abilities with color. I see one of her creations and often think 'why can't I think of that!'. She does the MOST amazing things with bright, bold colors.

I love color challenges and knew I would especially like doing Heather's. But, for me, this was hard. Heather knows how to perfectly balance the bold colors with just the right amount of neutral--a definite art I can tell you. Hopefully I will improve as time goes on. After all, this is a challenge--right! LOL!

Be sure to visit Heather's blog to this a try. I also used the PTI Anniversary Tag designed by Lisa Johnson. Cool, isn't it! And since I was trying to use something in Hibiscus Burst, I had cut out hearts from the new PTI Hearts dies. Guess what, the two smaller ones are the perfect size! And those teeny images on the hearts--they are from Tea for Two Additions. The lemon is also from that set--a really fun addition.

Thanks for dropping by. And don't forget to visit Heather blog!
Hope you have a fabby week,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Tea for Two, Tea for Two Additions (PTI)
Cardstock: Harvest Gold, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse, Stamper's Select White (all PTI)
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 1; Tea for Two Collection, Heart Prints Collection, Teacup, Limitless Layers 1 3/4" (all PTI)
Additional: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder-Argyle, Clear Embossing Powder, Copics, Rhinestones

7 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is so sweet! I love the hearts coming from the teapot and the lemon off the teacup! Using the anniversary tag is perfect for this.

Rhonda said...

What a sweet card!! I wish the Peeps could gather for a little tea.

Terri said...

Very cute. Great way to use the colors too.

Angy said...

Love the tag you used - think that is my favorite one. And I so love this color combo - going to have to try it soon.

Aimes said...

Now I wish I had a teapot and tea cup like that IRL!
Super sweet card, Sharron - adore the hearts coming from the teapot :D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kimberly said...

Ohh, the hearts coming out of the teapot are super cute. I think you did a great job of balancing the colors.

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty, Sharron! You did a FAB job with these colors!!! :)

So glad you played along!! YAY!