Thursday, February 17, 2011

Make-It Mondays Challenge #2

This week's challenge is to make a card using a vellum sentiment strip. Here is the link to Nichole Heady's blog where you can see her video. Each week there is a fabulous and informative instructional video giving us lots of chances to learn new skills or brush up on ones you haven't used for a while. I especially enjoyed playing with All Booked Up, one of my favorite stamp sets, for this card.

I found this leaf button in my box of Pure Poppy buttons. Whenever I find something unique like this, I like to use it where it can take center stage. ABU has lots of wonderful sentiments. Love this one plus I thought the curving gave more interest. The circular image at the top was stamped on some of the new Pacific Vineyard patterned paper. I really like the effect I got by stamping on a pattern. I'm still working on my resolution to withstand temptation and not buy more paper but I really love this one! I had to move it to my 'future order' file to keep my order at least close to my limit so I printed this from the 'Try Before You Buy' feature. I've never used this before but it is a great way to test new papers.

I also used a spray vellum glue that is just awesome. It is super easy--just spray, let set to get tacky and apply. You have plenty of time to move it around if needed but it holds great when fully dried.

Well, another busy week! So glad I had time for this challenge. Three days of daylily activities this weekend so I probably won't be posting.

Have a great weekend!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: All Booked Up (PTI)
Cardstock: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Green Tea Leaves, Pacific Vineyard (both PTI)
Dyes: Limitless Layers 1 3/4", Mat Stack 4, Double-Ended Banners (all PTI)
Inks: Ripe Avocado (PTI), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Additional: Vellum (LSS), Buttons (Pure Poppy-PTI), Corner Rounder, Embroidery Thread, V2 Vellum Adhesive

8 comments:

Kristii said...

Very pretty!! I love the sentiment you used and the layered focal point is fabulous!

Donna K said...

This is so pretty! I was actually JUST looking at that stamp set yesterday. It's nice to see how pretty it is.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty card! Like the colors you used too to make it.

Rhonda said...

Love the bright colors and the heart button is so cute.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is very pretty, Sharron! Love how the curved sentiment looks on the vellum!

Terri said...

Nice job. Love that button. Hope things slow down for you soon.

Linda said...

Beautiful card ,Sharron. I love this set and I love how you used it. Everything works so well together. And what a clever idea to use the Try It option on the paper pad. I know what you mean about trying to keep within your limit. There's just too much candy in this store!

Nerina said...

Sharron - I love the way you've overstamped the image onto the new paper - it's GORGEOUS! This whole card is gorgeous! I love your colour combo and your mix of shapes works beautifully!