Two entries today. First is this week's PTI's Make-It Mondays Challenge. This week we are to use a glitter strip using Scor-Tape somewhere on our card. I almost never use glitter so a definite challenge for me. I only had a few color choices and those most closely matched Raspberry Fizz and New Leaf. I scored the bottom of the card at 1/4" intervals, perfect for lining up the Scor-Tape. For the main image I used another strip of Tourmaline glitter and layered the top using Limitless Layers dies. Since I have yet to order any doily dies, I picked up some Martha Stewart doily tags while I was in Kansas City last weekend.
Supplies
Stamps: Tags for Spring, Mat Stack 3 Collection, Flower Garden Sentiments (all PTI)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz, True Black (all PTI)
Additional: Mat Stack 3, Limitless Layers Dies (both PTI); Martha Stewart Glitter (Tourmaline, Peridot); MS Tags-Doilies; MS Butterfly Punch; Rhinestones; Memento Inks; Copics; Scor-Tape
And secondly---here's my late entry in the February Papertrey Peeps Challenge. Marinette's challenge was to make a Valentine using red or pink. This is the anniversary/Valentine's card I made for hubby (we got married on Valentine's Day)! I added the touch of green because it is his favorite color!!
Supplies
Stamps: Daily Designs Sentiments, Main image is one of the PTI 4th Anniversary Tags
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado
Patterned Paper: Black and White Basics (PTI)
Additional: Spellbinder's Scalloped Circle Die, PTI Limitless Layers Dies, PTI Heart Dies, Corner Punch
Wishing you Sunshine and a Happy Week,
Sharron

9 comments:
Sharron, so pretty! I love how vibrant the cards are. That red just pops against the other colors. Great use of your glitter too! Great job on getting both challenges done.
Two great cards Sharron! I really love how you layered the different elements on the top card, and the punch of glitter, very pretty!
Sharron both your cards are BEAUTIFUL!! Great take on the challenges!!
Have a GREAT day!
So beautiful Sharron! I love the way you've layered the doily onto the mat stack 3 especially - and that DARLING little butterfly that you've incorporated! The colours in the second are perfect for the peeps challenge - lovely, rich and romantic!
Hi Sharron. Two lovely cards. The sentiment on the first is one of my all time favorites. Can't tell you how many times I've used it. What a great idea to score the card for the tape and glitter. The second is so sweet for your DH. That's another fab quote. Isn't it wonderful we found our Prince Charming?
Both of these cards are so incredibly beautiful!
Love that quote!
And how you used the PTI tag for your anniversary card...
truly beautiful!
Great job on both of them. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary. I bet he loved the card.
These are both so nice, Sharron! I love the colors together (red & green on both!), and WOW, the doily looks GREAT layered on the Mat Stack #3!!
I didn't know you were married on Valentine's Day, what fun! Congratulations and hope you had a lovely day! I have trouble believing you don't use glitter often, that top card is great@!
Post a Comment