Sunday, April 18, 2010

Compose A Card Challenge: Week 9



Happy Sunday! Have you had a good weekend? We bought a hanging porch swing and got it installed on our gazebo yesterday. Such an exciting addition for our yard--I'm really looking forward to sitting out there reading a book and enjoying the garden!

Didn't want to miss any of Becky's Compose A Card Challenges and had decided to use this stamp set but wasn't sure about a design. This all came together last night. It's a birthday card so I tried to select images that would represent different times of the year. I thought these sentiments from a set by Technique Tuesday would work perfectly. All other supplies are from Papertrey Ink. By the way, the silk ribbon is so great for stamping with a sentiment!

Supplies:
Stamps: Sign Language (PTI), Small Talk (Technique Tuesday), Everyday Classics (PTI)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy (All PTI)
Patterned Paper: Bitty Box Basics, Chocolate Remix (PTI)
Ink: Pure Poppy, Orangerie, New Leaf, Enchanted Evening (PTI), Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Additional: Silk Ribbon (PTI), Copics, Dew Drops

Smiles,
Sharron

13 comments:

Terri said...

Very cool! Great use for those stamps. Mine still have not seen ink yet. Have fun with your new porch swing! We love ours too!

Sherry said...

WOW! That is awesome! Love the way you used the stamps here....very creative!

Cammie said...

Sharron, this is such a cool way to use these stamps! I love your idea of representing different times of the year. Enjoy that swing!

Rhonda said...

Great design Sharron. Enjoy the swing.

Heather P. said...

This is SO cute! Love the playful colors and arrangement of the images on each square... Such a fun card!

Enjoy your swing, it sounds heavenly! :)

peggysue said...

First off, have a great time with the porch swing. We had one on a house my folks owned in Wisconsin, very relaxing. And this is a cute card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent card! I like your idea of using all the different images that represent memorable times of the year on it. And thank you for all your kind comments left on my creations too.

Pauline said...

Fab card, what a wonderful idea! Paulinex

Dana said...

What a clever idea! I love this card...

Jeanne said...

Very cute! I love the way you used the Sign Language stamps. Stunning! Great take on the challenge.

Ayana Posadas said...

Your card looks fantastic, Sharron!
I love how you added the pattern paper in the squares. And I also love all the mix of colors that you used. SO cute! :)

Nerina said...

This is such a cute and creative card! I love all of the images mixed together - and the text backgrounds! The extra accent on the cupcake is such a super touch! Enjoy your swing :0)

Kimberly said...

Hee! I'm picturing you dragging your stamp supplied out to your new porch swing! Great card! The sentiment and placement are really neat!