Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cas(e) this Sketch #112

LINK TO CHALLENGE

Couldn't believe it took me three tries to get this simple card done! After using some tape that tore my paper and getting too much glue on everything, I had to start over. Then after I got the second one done, I didn't like the patterned paper I used for the sentiment. But all turned out with the addition of some gold cardstock and an embossed hummingbird. My card actually ended up a lot better than I had planned!


Thanks so much for taking a peek! Hope you're having a great week!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Ori Kami (Altenew)
Cardstock: Blueberry Sky, Lemon Tart (PTI), White (Recollections), Gold (LSS)
Dies: Thanks (Memory Box)
Additional: Gold Embossing Powder (Ranger)

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Sharron I not only love your design, colors used, and feel of your card... that hummingbird has my heart a-flutter!! Thanks for 'playing cards' with us this week!!
=] Michele

Leigh Penner said...

Great take on the sketch!

Sandi said...

what elegant simplicity, hugs

Vickie Z said...

Colors are wonderful....love the gold!! Great take on the sketch!!

Joyce said...

This is just stunning. That gold really pops against the blue, and your origami bird is a wonderful embellishment.

Marybeth said...

It looks wonderful after three trys! looks like some creative skill was involved in this elegant card. Love the gold! Hope you get your package tomorrow.

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch and a great idea to use solid papers and let the sentiment shine!