Saturday, March 7, 2015

MIM: Doodling with Stamps


Sadly I've haven't participated in a Make It Monday at PTI for ages! But with some encouragement from  a sweet 12 Kits buddy, I wanted to give it a try. This week's challenge is "Doodling with Stamps" with a video by Ashley Newell. I played around with samples first using Garden of Life, a set that I've had almost as long as I've been stamping and I still love it. Don't know if I did a good job arranging the flowers but I'm anxious to do this technique again. It's really easy and fun! The Wet Paint sentiments seem perfect with the whimsical hand-drawn doodling.

Thanks a bunch for letting me share,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Garden of Life, Wet Paint III (PTI)
Cardstock: Soft Stone (PTI); White (Recollections)
Ink: Fresh Peach (Hero Arts); Cantaloupe (Memento) Onyx Black (Versafine); Sharpie Extra Fine-Black
Additional: Enamel Dots (My Mind's Eye)

7 comments:

Diana K said...

Totally gorgeous! You rocked the doodling!

Kara said...

Beautiful! I have this floral set and love it too! Classic!

Joyce said...

Sharron, this is absolutely perfect. I love your doodles, and you chose the right set for it, too. I have this classic floral set, and you have encouraged me to pull it out. You did a great job of arranging the flowers--do I see some masking there? Brilliant choice of sentiment as well.

nancy said...

Cheers for your buddy's encouragement. You chose a stamp set perfect for doodling and it turned out great. I think the doodled lines work really well with the brush sentiment.

Marybeth said...

Sharron this looks like a stamp set that I would want to buy! I say you did a wonderful job, doodling! You nailed it~

Darnell said...

Sharron, you did an outstanding job with the doodling and you did a PERFECT job of arranging your design!! I am dying to try this, too, and plan to do it this afternoon if the creek don't rise, meta4ically speaking! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

This is soooo doodling cool, Sharron!!! Yay YOU! LOve it... by the way...would you consider adding a "follow by email" tab? I'd love to get a heads up on your posts!
=] Michele