Sunday, August 10, 2014

More Bokeh!

I've still been trying out different colors using the bokeh technique that I posted info about two days ago. And I recently won this cute set, Flirty Flamingos, from Newton's Nook and wanted to make something with the sweet flamingos. I already had the background done so needed to cut out one of the birds. After masking off one of the pair, I stamped once on the card and then on some pink cardstock. Just cutting the body and head was so much easier! I used a Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangle die for the tag and cut apart a Memory Box Precious Mittens die for my bow. 


I'm entering my card in these challenges.


CAS(E) This Sketch teamed with Tag You're It
Thanks so much for letting me share,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Flirty Flamingos (Newton's Nook)
Cardstock: White (Recollections); Pink (Bazzill); True Black (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Sugar Chic (Heidi Swapp)
Dies: Precious Mittens (Memory Box); Stitched Rectangles, Anytime Tags (Lil' Inker)
Additional: Watercolors (Koi); Onyx Black Ink (Versafine); White Ink (WPlus9); Clear Wink of Stella

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

This is adorable Sharron. The contrast between the black stripes and the watercolor is very cool.

Joyce said...

What a fabulous punny card. Love that you've got a striped background and then that dreamy bokeh layer. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

Marybeth said...

Another wonderful bokeh ,Sharron! Love your take on the sketch with the flamingo. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

Meghan said...

Such a pretty background for your flamingo! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful, Sharron! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week! May

Chriss Blagrave said...

Cute and great takes on the challenges!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! Adorable take on the sketch!

Darnell said...

Oh, man, I like this even better than the last one, Sharron! Your bokeh colors are so soft and sensational!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Sharron! Love this technique! Lovely card!

Lindsey said...

Love the softness of your background and pink flamingo paired with the bold stripes. I'm so glad you shared your last bokeh card as well. The background may not have turned out how you envisioned, but it did turn out to be fabulous.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron this is fantastic, I love the flamingo on the watercoloured background!