Friday, August 8, 2014

Trying a New Technique!

I've been busy playing with new bokeh techniques after being inspired by Dawn's WPlus9 blog post! I have had better luck with lighter colors but wanted to try these for a couple of challenges. I have also been attempting to mix watercolor paints and don't yet have the hang of getting the right color. I did okay with the aqua but as you can see, the gold I had envisioned didn't quite come out! I had fun though and decided to post this anyway!

I am so new to watercolors but love the look so I'll keep trying. My WPlus9 order arrived today (yeah!) so I'm anxious to see what I can do with hummingbirds! Nothing like starting with something difficult!!


Challenges I Have Entered

Curtain Call-Bow Tie

Colour Q #253


Loved that you took time to visit today!
Hope you have something fun planned and have a wonderful weekend,
Sharron


Supplies
Stamps: My Sunshine (Mama Elephant)
Paper: Watercolor (Strathmore); Soft Grey Cardstock (PTI); White (Recollections)
Ink/Paint: White Ink (WPlus9), Rich Cocoa Ink (Memento); Watercolors-Burnt Sienna, Deep Yellow, Yellow Green, Vermilion (Koi)
Additional: Clear Wink of Stella; Cork Sentiment (Joyce's May 12 Kits Supplies)

11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so fabulous Sharron, turned out perfectly! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Lisa Elton said...

WOWZERS what a GREAT card! Love the cork hello. Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Marybeth said...

This turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!wow,Sharron! I have been watching those videos too and can't wait to try them ...I have my new Wp9 stamps already. You did an amazing job!

Joyce said...

Love this Sharron. It is so artsy and gorgeous. I saw that video too, but did not get a chance to try it. And, love it with that cork die cut on top.

Cammie said...

Sharron, you nailed this technique. Your card is stunning! Have a wonderful day.

Darnell said...

Thank you for posting this card, Sharron! I think it is fantastic, even the gold!! Gold is a color that is fluid and has a wide-range from very light to very dark and I think it's perfect underlining your sparkly gold sediment. A lovely bright and happy bokeh card! Well done with the watercoloring!! Hugs, Darnell

~amy~ said...

oooohhh...this is gorgeous! love the watercoloring!
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

Sylvia said...

What a fabulous piece of water color, Sharron! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron...you totally nailed this technique! This is one fabulous card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ this week.

Leigh Penner said...

I love that gorgeous background!

Nora Noll said...

This came out awesome!! I so want to try this technique this weekend. I LOVE the colors you used on this. Fabulous card design!!