Friday, November 9, 2012

Cloud 9 Blog Hop-November

It's the 9th day of the month and time for the Cloud 9 Blog Hop! Isn't this inspiration photo wonderful--SO many, many things to inspire a card!  
The fun design on the sheet set has all those mittens and hats so I made my card with mittens from Winter Wishes.
For the background a piece of Lake House cardstock is embossed with Snowflakes, a Lifestyle embossing folder. I stamped the mittens and then added a piece of MS baker's twine and a second set of mittens popped up with foam dots. The red square is embossed in herringbone and the snowflake is cut with little snowflake included in the Seasonal Sentiments die set.

Check out the awesome Design Team samples here. And there is still time to enter the challenge too!

Enjoy the hop! We're going to be gone until Sunday so I won't be able to look at everyone's cards until I get back.

Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Winter Wishes (WPlus9)
Cardstock: Lake House (WPlus9); Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Dies: Seasonal Sentiments, Pinking Square (WPlus9)
Embossing Folders: Snowflakes (Lifestyle), Herringbone (Sizzix)
Additional: Ink (Memento), Rhinestone (My Mind's Eye), Baker's Twine (Martha Stewart)

20 comments:

Paulina said...

This card is so pretty! Love this color combo and the addition of the twine is perfect!

Erin said...

Wonderful card! I love the color combo and your mittens are darling!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh the mittens are so cute! I love how you layered everything on the pinked square!

Marybeth said...

Love the mittens on this sweet card, Sharron! Love your embossing and the snowflake with bling. I have some stamps this time … so off to make a card.

Cathy Weber said...

What a cute card Sharron, love those mittens and twine...the snowflake was a great touch. The whole design is great with the pinked square.

Jill Norwood said...

Sharron this is so lovely! I love the colors, the embossing and the sweet mittens! Precious! And adorable!
:) Jill

Joyce said...

I just posted my card, and then saw yours. I used the same set--I guess great minds think alike. I love those mittens--one of my favorite images. I like how you used real twine to hold them together, and made such a great focal point. Hope you have a good trip.

Gayatri said...

What a great take on the picture, Sharron! Love that mittens and the placement of the snowflakes. Thanks for playing along with us @ Cloud9:)

Terri said...

Great card. Love the mittens.

The Paper Parade said...

I'm just loving that snowflake embossing and the adorable mittens :)

Michelle said...

Oh..... such a cute card! Love all of the elements!

Kara said...

great card!! love the inspiration photo ! cant wait to play!!

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron, fabulous card...I love those mittens and have added that set to my wish list now. Your colors are so perfect too, just so fun. Have fun this weekend too.

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous card, love it :)

Lori said...

So sweet! Love the twine holding the mittens together.

Christina said...

This is so perfectly sweet, Sharron! The embossing and pinked edges give it such a cozy texture. Love the loop of twine for the mittens, too!

Renee said...

Beautiful!!
Love the embossing and pinked square...
perfect for those adorable mittens!
And I LOVED this inspiration pic...
but time just did not allow this month...
maybe next month!! :)

anya said...

Sweet and adorable, Sharron! Love the cozy mittens with the twine and all the embossing. Super color combination as well! So glad that you joined us for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!

Suzanne said...

YAY Sharron! This is stunning! I love it in every way. The embossed background adds lots of texture. Perfect! Thanks so very much for joining us at Cloud9!

Jeanne J. said...

Love those mittens Sharron - they really stand out stamped in red! SO clean and beautiful!