Thursday, August 16, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #110

This week's sketch is by Laurie Schmidlin and I love it! Just imagine all the great ways it can be used! I have spent most of the week working on the daylily newsletter that my hubby and I put out. It is always a difficult time because I don't have any internet access when I change my computer from Mac to Windows. So there's no quick checking of emails or blogs! Talk about withdrawal!

Therefore I'm late with this entry and I am still working on my card for tomorrow's WM Blog Party. I used one stamp set and one sheet of patterned paper (front and back) so except for the coloring, it went together pretty easily. The paper from My Mind's Eye had the peppermint candies and the back side has the pretty pattern I used for the ribbon. Because the paper is more cream than white, I shaded the candies to match. 
Here is the link to see the other entries. There's always lots of wonderfully inspiring projects! Thanks for visiting! I'll have another post tomorrow!

Sharron

Supplies
Cardstock: Fine Linen, Vintage Cream (PTI)
Patterned Paper: 12 Days of Christmas-Peppermint Patty (My Mind's Eye)
Dies: Mat Stack 1 (PTI)
Ink: Memento (London Fog, Lady Bug, Rhubarb Stalk, Rich Cocoa); Amuse (Toffee); Ranger (Antique Linen Distressed)
Additional: Red Rhinestones (Queen and Co.), Copics

8 comments:

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my gosh Sharron, this is sweet! I love that adorable little gingerbread man, and the great jar of peppermints! I also like how you used the mat stack as part of the sketch :)

Renee said...

I love it Sharron!!
All the Holiday goodness...
candies...
cookies...
and love how you made the bow!!
That time is coming...
I always get so excited!! :)
Will see you at the Party later!;)
And take care of your neck!
Sometimes I think neck pain is even worse than back...
but I think it may actually depend on which I'm suffering from at the moment! :)
Hugs!!

Cathy Weber said...

Some of my very favorite images from WM all combined to make a very cheery holiday card Sharron. I really love that you used the cute bow on your card...that is one of my favorite images to paper piece and it works so beautifully on your card. Great job.

Jean Martin said...

Awww Sharron this is so adorable! I'm so glad you could share it with us at WMSC! :)

Marybeth said...

Hi Sharron! This is just beautiful! You were much earlier than me . I love the colors and the candy jar,filled up with that candy. Funny, I bought the jar but not the fillings yet. I love the bow you made.

Joyce said...

So cute and delicious, too. I love all that candy, and the gingerbread boy, too.

Jeanne J. said...

Sharron looks like a winner to me! Love all the sweets - espcially those circle candies in rows perfectly stamped and the little gems on your gingie!

Terri said...

Very sweet! The gingerbread man goes great with the candy.