Friday, August 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Blog Party: August

THEME: BIRTHDAYS

Glad you could come to the Party! This month is a Birthday Party!! Great theme since everyone always needs birthday cards. I like to use this little bird for birthday cards and after seeing yesterday's Four of a Kind posts using this kit by Renee, I was inspired to get it out for today's card. I had something else in mind but am glad I changed directions. Love this Waltzingmouse set!

I've recently been looking at my patterned papers and trying to find ones that can serve as a background  for my design. This one from Bo Bunny has great colors and I like the strip on the side. The leaves were cut with some paper from the same collection. The 'It's your birthday' stamp is from Verve.
Be sure to go hop along and see all the other Waltzingmouse entries. Click HERE and you'll be on your way! 

Have a fantastic day!

Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Sewing Box-Hugs (WMS), Big Wish (Verve)
Cardstock: Oatmeal (WPlus9); Terracotta Tile, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Little Miss Collection (Bo Bunny)
Dies: Branch with Leaves (Sizzix), Mat Stack #3 (PTI)
Additional: Memento Ink (Potter's Clay, Bamboo Leaves), Pearl (Recollections)

22 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh, goodness. Is this cute, or what. I'm putting it my Waltzingmouse inspiration pinboard. Love that double layer bird.

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron! I love your bird and those amazing papers! I don't have this set but you're making me need to get it like yesterday! Very pretty - I like the distresing on the tag too!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Sharron! Love the bird with the leaves and all the pearls!

Maureen said...

Great card! Love the papers and especially how you did the bird - makes me want this set!!

Marlena M. said...

I love that sweet bird! Such great colors and layering Sharron.

Renee said...

Those papers are perfect for this sweet bird...
it's fabulous!!
Love the die cut and sentiment...
the layering...
just a gorgeous card!
This set is just one of those "necessities" that every stamper should have in their arsenal! :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

A fabulous card Sharron. This bird is fantastic and works so well for such a variety of cards. It especially looks great on this creation! I'm so glad you could party with us!

Peanut said...

Oh Sharron! How cute is that little birdie! Great choice of patterned papers too. A truly lovely card!

Lori said...

So sweet! Love the layered bird.

Jill Norwood said...

This is so lovely! I love the papers you chose and the bird is so adorable! A beautiful card!

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty layered paper pieced bird Sharron! love your colors!

Marybeth said...

I am just staring at your card. I love the papers you used and the way you used them. That bird is the best I have ever seen him look. Gorgeous Sharron! This is a new favorite.

Cathy Weber said...

One of my very favorite cards so far on this blog party! I love that little bird and you came up with the perfect combination of sentiments to make the card fit for a birthday party. The patterned papers are layered so well and I love the patterned leaves. Great job on this one Sharron, I really liked it.

B said...

Oh how lovely! :) The colors are perfect !

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron, just too sweet. I love that adorable little bird, it really looks you hand stitched the edges too. Your choice of paper is so beautiful...

Ren-Yi said...

SO many fun elements on this card. I do love your pp and how you paper pieced your lil stitched birdie together!

Inkyfingers said...

This is so cute Sharron and its a great idea to make more use of papers.

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous! Love the papers and the fab label, such a lovely card.

Nerina said...

Sharron, this is so cosy and inviting! I love the papers you've used, this feels really homespun and quilted - like a meaningful hug!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute! I love how you used the patterned papers and then pieced the little bird, plus the leaves. Just perfect!

Chris L.

Suzanne said...

Sharron, the stamps and mix of patterns and colors are all so beautiful together!

Terri said...

Love all the different elements and patterns especially the bird.