Sunday, January 8, 2012

My First Runway Inspired Challenge!!

I have seen so many fabulous entries for his new challenge called Runway Inspired Challenge. What a fun idea! This week's inspiration photo features black and white (oh and STRIPES!)--this is my entry! 
My card is 4 1/2" square. I started to use a rectangle but opted for the more even spacing with a square. The lines were done with a stamp from Background Basics-Retro from PTI. I had to practice a bit to get the right touch for spacing but then it was quite easy and went very fast! I was trying to find something for the center circle when I remembered this heart. Isn't it the perfect match! It and the sentiment are from a set called Daily Designs--also from PTI. 

And here is the inside of the card. I wanted to carry the stripe pattern inside and at the last minute stamped one of the hearts with 'happy valentine's day' from PTI's Tiny Treats-Valentines. The cardstock and all the dies I used are also from Papertrey.
I know I am really going to enjoy these challenges!! Thanks for dropping by and taking a peek!!

SMILES,
Sharron

11 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Scream! I can't even believe how perfectly you stamped that striped pattern, Sharron! It's so lovely with the stitched heart! AMAZING CARD!

Rhonda said...

Can't believe how you lined it all up!!! Never happen for me. LOVE it!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Sharron, your card is Wonderful! What patience you had in making it look perfect. Love the inside details too.

Joyce said...

This is so amazing. I have that set, and would never be able to do that. I didn't even recognize it! I love this card--everything about it. It is so inspired.

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh this is stunning and does not look easy . So classy and elegant!

Renee said...

OMG!!!
Sharron...
that stamping is incredible!!
I just die at this one...
I LOVE it!!
Everything about it...
it's so perfectly elegant!
This is just stunningly gorgeous! :)

Cammie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a wonderful take on this challenge! It is hard to believe this is stamped; the grid you have created is perfect! And I love the inside details too.
LOVE this!

Aimes said...

Working those stripes so well, Sharron!!! Both entries are fabulous takes on the challenge!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful interpretation on this Sharron, I LOVE it!

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

Great job, Love your use of the stripes!