So glad you dropped by today--there are some exciting activities! Find a comfy place to sit and grab a beverage (coffee for me!)--this is a long post--but full of lots of goodies--including links to 11 other blogs and information about some blog candy!!!
OMG, I have been so anxious for this day to arrive! I was thrilled when Renee asked if I would be interested in joining this new group. The name is a play on 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' and the idea was a concept from Renee and Suzanne to help us support each other and get our holiday cards done early. Each month one of us will prepare 12 kits of supplies--one for ourselves and 11 to send out to the other participants. We can select the stamps/dies/etc. from any company--use any styles, any colors--just whatever suits our fancy. And when the kit arrives at our house, it is like a birthday, Christmas or fun celebration every month! Our February kits have already started arriving and wow, it is SO ADORABLE!
Renee got us off to a fantastic start with the most wonderful die cuts and a bundle of the most awesome supplies! It was definitely like Christmas when it came in the mail!! Just looking through all these goodies was a treat! And she loves this window so much that she sent everyone a bunch of extras--so you may be seeing Spring window cards soon too!! Of course, now we'll all want our own window die! It's OOS most places but sure to be on many wishlists!! I ordered the smaller version (plus a few more Memory Box dies!) and my order just arrived today!!!!
I don't have a very large crafting area so I put everything from Renee's kit out on the dining room table. It was such fun to play with layouts! With everything right there, it is so easy to get started creating! Did I mention how much I LOVE this idea!!! We only have to make one card or project but I ended up with three---could have done more but thought I might be overdoing it!
Anyway, on to my first card............
One theory of the origin of the phrase "I'll be there with bells on" is from when horses, often adorned with bells, were a major form of transportation? When I saw these bells and black velvet ribbon, I knew I wanted to use the sleigh and make a bell strap for my card! But just couldn't bring myself to use all the bells---I only used three!! Everything on this card, except the MS coarse glitter came from the kit!
My second card is perhaps my favorite. 'Cuz I LOVE the plaid! I did add a piece of light denim cardstock for the sky and used two different circle punches to punch holes so it would look like snow! See Renee's card here--she is using a Memory Box Snow Die. Isn't it cool--this is my DIY version! The wreath was cut using a MS fern punch.
For my last card I added Santa and his sleigh from WMS Twas the Night Before Christmas. And I did a little something different with the tree. I cut a piece of white cardstock to place behind the tree so all the cutouts (see Kara's photo above) would appear white. Then I colored part of them red with a Copic marker. Did you notice how the design in the tree matches the design in the background paper? The whole tree was then covered with fine glitter.
Be sure to visit all the other blogs! We all schedule our posts to go live at the same time so, as I am writing this, I have not seen anyone else's. That's part of the fun!! Can't wait to go visiting myself!! Also Renee is offering some blog candy--a collection of die cuts of your very own so you too can play!! Check her blog for details. You just need to leave a little lovin' as you hop along!
Sharron--You are HERE!
Thanks so much for visiting! Have fun!!
SMILES,
Sharron
Here is a list of some of the supplies included in the Kit that I used:
Stamps: Twas the Night Before Christmas, Compliments of the Season (both WMS)
Dies: Grand Madison Window (Poppystamps); O Tannenbaum Christmas Tree (Cheery Lynn); In the Meadow (PTI)
Velvet Ribbon (Simplicity)

24 comments:
Sharron I love the cards you have made with the kit. The first black and white one is so elegant, I like the way you used the bells on the black ribbon. Stunning card!. Love the wreath on the second one, thinking alike on that one :) Love the tree and sentiment on the last card. Very nicely done!
Sharon, these are some wonderful cards!!! On the first all the white with the splash of black makes for a truly stunning card! I love that glitter you added to the snow, and the die you used to cut out the sentiment. On the second, that wreath is a showstopper! Totally love that, and that you created it with a punch! The window scene is perfect, too, especially with that plaid "wallpaper" ;) And the third? My oh my, what a wonderfully festive Christmas card...just love it!
What fun you girls will have!! Great cards Sharron.
Simply gorgeous designs, Sharron! I will definitely be adding a wreath to one of my remaining windows, and I love the silhouette of Santa in the window on your last card. But my favorite is definitely the black and white beauty with the bells at the top. Gorgeous!
Love the white on white, super classy. Great cards xx
Every single one of these is so good Sharron. First, that black and white card, stunning. So elegant with the velvet ribbon. I love that everyone "sees" something different with their kits. Making your own wreath for card #2 was genius! It looks so real. Card #3 is beautiful with the santas sleigh flying through the night against the moon. Really great job. I love what you did with Renee's kit!
Sharron...
these are incredible!
Love that black and white with the jingle bells...
and then we've been watching Kittie together and didn't know it ;)...
that wreath!!
Love what you did to the tree and how it matches the paper...
Sharron they are all so fabulous I just die!
This is so much fun!
Love this holiday your cards are beautiful!
Lovely cards Sharron. The die-cuts look great, and the embellishments are so pretty. What a fun way of making your Christmas cards. :o)
These are all really wonderful. I love what you have done with all the kit ingredients. In the first card, those bells up top are absolutely brilliant. I like how you have that sleigh nestled between the two snowbanks. Wonderful scene in the second card, and I love how you used that plaid patterned paper, and also created that gorgeous wreath. The Christmas tree and santa over the moon are just stunning in the third card.
Beautiful cards! My favorite is that first one. It's so striking, and I love how you added the jingle bells above the sentiment. PERFECT!
Gorgeous card.
Love the layout of the first card. the jingle bells above the sentiment is awesome.
Like how you made the tree different with the white behind it & the glitter.
Cute wreath.
Wow Sharron! All three cards are fab! Love the sleigh bells and the glittery snow scene on the first one - the plaid and the outdoor scene of the second (and that wreath!!!), and the last with Santa flying by! All three very pretty! Well done!
Wow! All three of your cards are just so beautiful but the first one is my favorite, so beautiful and elegant. Love the look of the tree jingle bells at the top, just really sets off the scene you have created.
So glad you get to be a part of this! Great kit. Love all the cards you made with it.
These are all gorgeous Sharron! Love the die cuts, that little sled is jus adorable! You have really created some gorgeous cards with this kit!
Sharron, the black and white is stunning..so elegant!!! I love the wreath you created too!! Such talent:)
Fabulous cards!! The first two are great, but I absolutely love the last one! The tree and window with Santa flying by - just fab!
A wreath! You are a genius! And I love the sleigh on the blue paper behind that window. The glitter on the first card ... all black and white and so amazing!
Love the wreath. It looks so real!!
Sharron, I am in awe as I continue through this blog hop. You gals really rock! This is the best blog hop ever and such an ingenius idea. LOVE all the supplies Renee provided. Your cards are drop-dead gorgeous. Hard to pick a favorite. Crossing my fingers I win Renee's awesome blog candy so I can CASE you gals!
Hi Sharron! Your trio of cards is just gorgeous! I LOVE the sleigh bells on the velvet trim.....it's perfect with that die cut and that sentiment. As for card #2, I must check out this snow die from MB that you referred to......I may need that! Such a cool effect! Card #3 shows a whole new way to use that tree die......looks like it's glistening. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little santa and sleigh stamped image in the window with the moon. Oh I'm just so excited to use some of your ideas!
All incredible cards. What a fantastic kit. I especially like the last card. Beautiful.
Sharron, your creative mojo was turned on high with these cards! They are fantastic--each has a wonderful design and so many wonderful details.
Post a Comment