Thursday, December 15, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #77

This looks like one of those sketches that I could use again and again! Today I wanted to use it for bookmarks. I like to make tags, especially for the grandkids presents and thought a tag/bookmark combo would be perfect. They could end up having a useful purpose and not just a tag! Actually this would be a fun addition to other cards in the future--coordinated bookmarks for birthdays and other special occasions!! I used a combination of patterned papers and embossing, being sure to end up with at least two layers for durability. Since they are in fact tags too--see last photo for how I incorporated names.
Love this tree paper--lots of fun colors to work with so I'm sure I will use it again. The embossing is Plaid--one of my favorites!
This is for our four-year old granddaughter so candy canes work great. I wasn't sure what to put in the circle and then decided on the candy and yummmmy sentiment!
And I couldn't leave out something made with Nordic Winter!!!
Here is the tag on the back. They can be left on or removed after Christmas. I used Tiny Tags dies from Papertrey. It is so handy to keep a bunch of them cut out and ready to use.
Well, still lots to do. We are having an early Christmas this weekend and going to see the granddaughters' Christmas programs. I will post the Supply List this evening.

Hugs,
Sharron

Supplies
Card 1--Stamps: A Cottage Christmas (WMS)
Cardstock: Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy, Spring Rain, Vintage Cream (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Be Merry Trim the Tree (My Mind's Eye)
Additional: Half and Half Dies (PTI); Plaid Embossing Folder (Sizzix); Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Dies (PTI); Copics; Divine Twine; Eyelet (American Crafts); Amuse Ink

Card 2--Stamps: Candy Jar Christmas Fillers (WMS)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: I Believe Thin Stripes (My Mind's Eye)
Additional: Half and Half Dies (PTI); Circles Embossing Folder (Sizzix); Circle Punches (1 1/4", 1 1/2"); Inks (Amuse, Memento); Divine Twine, Eyelet (American Crafts); Copics

Card 3--Stamps: Nordic Winter (WMS)
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White (PTI); Blue-source unknown
Additional: Half and Half Dies (PTI); Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Dies (PTI); Divine Twine, Eyelet (American Crafts); Ink (Memento); Silver Detail Embossing Powder (Ranger)

11 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

These are so pretty, Sharron! Love them all :)

Cathy Weber said...

These are such a cute idea and a really creative take on the sketch Sharron. I love the little heart tag on the back with their names.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your grandchildren will LOVE them - they are super sweet. I too loved that sketch - it will be perfect for so many cards!

Renee said...

Sharron these are fantastic!!!
I love how you did all of these...
those candy canes are too yummy!!
And they can use them year round...
I'm always losing book marks...
leaving them in a book...
laying them wherever I finish a book...
but this is just a fabulous idea for a gift tag!
Have fun at the Christmas program...
the kids are out of school next week and I'm going to have jammie days so we need to catch up! :)

Jean Martin said...

These are fabulous!!! Perfect! I love the designs and colors on each one! So glad you could share it with us at WMSC! :)

Kelly S. said...

So sweet, Sharron! I have yet to use the Mmm candy sentiment, shame on me! Love that they are tags and bookmarks! The mix of colors, patterned papers, and embossing that you used are so cheerful! They almost look like little sleds :)!

Deborah Frings said...

Great tags - simple, fun and festive. Love the Nordic Winter one!

Joyce said...

I love all your bookmarks. And, how clever to use tiny tags to make them tags as well. I love making and using bookmarks, so I'll be pinning these to make some of my own. They look bigger than the PTI bookmark die...How did you cut them?

Rebecca Deeprose said...

These are delightful! Love them all.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

You definitely were on a roll with this design. Love all the tags/bookmarks you made.

Terri said...

Great idea to make bookmarks from that sketch. They are all great. My favorite is the one with Nordic Winter. Still hoping to get that set one day.