Thursday, December 8, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #76

Wow, another marvelous sketch for this week's WMSC from the super talented Claire!

I found this ribbon at Michael's when they were having a huge holiday ribbon sale. It reminded me of none other than the FABULOUS Nordic Winter set--which I am so tempted to use on everything I make!! The ribbon is however printed on one side only so the pattern is lost on a tied bow (or at least one I would tie!)--hence this version. I also ended up flipping the sketch. I tried it the other way but liked the deer image better this way. And lastly, I love Nordic images with plaid!

So how are you doing with your holiday plans? Thankfully I have everything ready to mailed. Well, almost ready--I have everything purchased but not completed wrapped! But I'm making progress. My plan is to have everything done by next Monday so I can then concentrate on making cookies and getting cards mailed.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

And as always, thanks so much for dropping by,
Smiles.......
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Nordic Winter,  Candy Jar Christmas Fillers (WMS)
Cardstock: Pinefeather, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Christmas Time (Paper Pizazz)
Additional: Ribbon (Michael's); Bells from Stash; EK Success Scalloped Scallop Border Punch; Tag Sale #3 Die (PTI); Cottage Ivy and Rhubarb Stalk Ink (Memento)

15 comments:

Pauline said...

Sharron, this is fabulous! The reindeer look spectacular in green!

Aimes said...

Now that's sweet! I say use Nordic Winter on EVERYTHING you make - it's adorable!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

JJ Bolton said...

Sharron, I love the whole package from the plaid to the bells to the "bow"! What a super solution for one-sided ribbon! And the reindeer design fits perfectly inside that tag:)

Julia Aston said...

Love the green stampings and pretty plaid Sharron - and that ribbon is perfect!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Another beauty!!! LOVE the nordic winter in green - so perfect with the Christmasy bow.

Terri said...

Great tag! Love that ribbon and your use of Nordic Winter. I am still waiting for that set to come back in stock. I hope it comes back soon.

papillon digital design said...

Beautiful tag. Love the Nordic Winter stamping . And what cute papillons you have. I have them too.

anya said...

There's nothing wrong with using Nordic Winter on everything! ;) This is the cutest little tag, the patterned paper is very pretty and the big bow is the perfect finishing touch!

Renee said...

I love it!!
Love the way you flipped the scallops and that gorgeous paper with that addictive ribbon...
I have a few rolls too ;)
And Nordic Winter is the perfect set for this...
it's just gorgeous! :)
Love everything about it Sharron!
So glad you're almost done with Christmas...
I'm getting close!
And it's only 2 weeks away...
the kids are going to go nuts in the next 2 weeks! :)

Teresa Kline said...

this is sooooo gorgeous...luv your style...hope you have a super fun weekend!

enjoy *~*

Kelly S. said...

This is a FABULOUS combination, Sharron...I just love the plaid and Nordic Winter set together! That ribbon is just lovely with it, too. You also get extra credit for including bells, hee! Awesome tag!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, that ribbon really does look like Nordic Winter, I thought you had stamped it! Great card and I love that you flipped it over, those deer really look so good on this tag with the gorgeous loopy ribbon.

Nerina said...

Oooh - love the mix here Sharron! The plaid looks absolutely gorgeous with Nordic Winter and the bells are a darling finishing touch!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty, Sharron, the ribbon and plaid work beautifully with the Nordic design!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card! I love your bow! It fits well with the images you used. Happy holidays to you!