Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge: Using Squares

I really like these colors from this week's Embellish Challenge--but at first couldn't seem to get anything I tried to click. This is try #2! Perfect colors for Halloween and I love this little image from Taylored Expressions called Spooky Expressions. I used the spider web image to create my own background paper, added a few squares, a sentiment and some embroidery thread for a really quick and easy card! The kettle is paper pieced and the rest of the image is colored with Copics and highlighted with a white Gelly Roll marker and some orange stickles. The 'bubbles' on the bottom are Rain Dots in black and green. Cardstock is all from PTI (Soft Stone, True Black, Simply Chartreuse, Plum Pudding and Stamper's Select White).

Halloween designs are always such fun! 
Smiles,
Sharron

7 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

What a fun card! I love the string treatment, very cool!

Linda said...

You've been very busy since my last visit. I love purple and green for Halloween! This card is adorable. And I love the tucked away box!! You're really ready for Autumn>

Terri said...

Nice job. I agree that image is very cute. Love the way you used the string too.

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

rhooo elle est geniale, tout comme les couleurs choisies, bravo

Rhonda said...

I like the backgrd paper you created. Happy colors for a happy card!

Maile Belles said...

Cute, great use of twine! So glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge.

Nerina said...

I love the way you've interpreted the challenge! Eeeeew - this looks really slimy and perfect .... those orange bubbles are the last word! ( But your twine treatment is fantastic - and the shiny goo down the pot side is amazing too - sooooo many fabulous details on this one!)